PDA

View Full Version : DGDev & DelphiGamer are Changing

WILL
30-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Hello to everyone here at DGDev! 8)

Since my first discovery of this site up until now I have seen parts of the Delphi community I have never seen before. Programmers using Pascal to create games, libraries, demos and all kinds of other projects on par with many commercial products out there today. Out of all other sites on the internet I have not seen any that has been quite this resourceful in binding all of these projects and programmers together as this very site has. DGDev.tk as become THE Delphi Game Development Community. Nowhere else will you see as many Delphi game programers that you can ask technical questions, bounce ideas off of, receive ideas and feedback from and announce your latest project or game.

This brings me to another amazing site, DelphiGamer.com. This site an by 2 extreemly involved individuals in the Delphi Game Development Community has been the worlds newspaper for all of the games, utilities, programming libraries and tools and many many other sites and resources for this very community. Dominique Louis and Dean Ellis have themselves helped pioneer many well known projects involved in game development, some tools which are still in heavey usage today.

It would only make sense that these two giants would team up to form a new site. Both are really well known throughout the community and are the flagships for Delphi programmers to persue their interests through news, links, community posts and other media. The merger would benifit all involved and allow for the expansion of game development in the Delphi community it's self. Hopefully the forming of a much larger site with resources from both, deticated to all those interested in our development community our hobby that we all share and love will eventually become as popular and as mainstream as that of the C's very own game development community it's self.

These changes are happening even now, even though behind a closed topic thread and on many of the new staff's personal computers no shinny lights or flashy headlines. This will note remain so for much longer. This is only the lul before the storm. Like any project, it has taken time. It might not be here next month or the month after, but before the year is out I assure you the community will have a new home. In place of the ones that you know quite well here and on DelphiGamer.com. All of the features and resources that the previous ones had will be right where you left them, plus a few extra goodies and enhancements along with them. This is whats coming soon.

There has not been much talk of this since last year, Summer 2003. And it has quieted down considerably on the forums since then aswell. What do you the members and guests of DGDev and DelphiGamer think of all of this? All comments and oppinions are welcome.

WILL
DGDev Management