PDA

View Full Version : This domain is for sale

Traveler
20-07-2004, 02:47 PM
alistairkeys.co.uk :shock:

Is Alistair Keys' world no more? Can this be?

Harry Hunt
20-07-2004, 04:06 PM
he prolly just forgot to renew his domain

Alimonster
21-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Hey, everyone has their price. ;) j/k

Yeah, I haven't renewed my site and it's been down for a little while now - I don't have a net connection at home too, so there's no real point in me registering it at the moment. I'll get a net connection and will renew it at some point in the future, then upload all the stuff again.

But I'm still lurking around the forums here. Can't check my email, so if anyone needs to get in contact then drop a private message or something...

Alimonster
21-07-2004, 08:57 AM
I've sent Nominet an email asking whether it's possible to kick the idiots who bought my domain off (thanks for bringing it to my attention, Traveler). If not then I may have to just register another domain name and put a placeholder until I can upload it properly. I'm certainly not paying those people any money though!

Bloody domain squatters - I remember joking about this before, but I never thought anyone would be so stupid as to register a niche name like "alistairkeys".

Any suggestions for good names? I'm thinking alikeys.co.uk, alimonster.co.uk, and some others, but any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Traveler
21-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Yeah its a damn shame companies can just get thousands of names and then sell em at a high price. I've got that problem too with a name I want. :( I need to wait till 2007 before its available again.... sigh.

Anyways, unless you really want to go for a .co.uk domain
alistairkeys.com is still free, and so are other alternatives .net and .org

Alimonster
21-07-2004, 09:29 AM
I'm tempted to register a domain here at f2o. Does anyone have any advice about this?

Harry Hunt
21-07-2004, 11:06 AM
If you want a new domain name, try http://www.godaddy.com.
They don't register .co.uk but for .com/.net/.org they're the cheapest.