PDA

View Full Version : PGD on IRC ?

08-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi all

I was thinking about an IRC chan for PGD (Maybe there's already one, but I couldn't manage to find it with the search engine). That could be a good way to discuss about Game Development, Pascal and our Projects ...

So what do you think about it ?

Cheers

Eriken
08-01-2005, 08:04 PM
I was thinking about the same thing, but that might be because I'm usually on IRC anyways ;)

It's a good way to get to know the folks as well :)

Of course if this doesn't go through there are always Delphi channels out there, and Gamedev.net has a chat somewhere I think.. But would be cool to have a place of our own.
_____
Eriken

08-01-2005, 08:13 PM
It's a good way to get to know the folks as well

I was also thinking about that :) And because I too am usually on IRC, I know that a chan for PGD could harden the community :)

WILL
08-01-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm all for it. But(yes a but :?), I cannot maintain it. Perhaps on of you guys can OR someone else from the staff will have to do it. Maybe a 2 person effort? it'll obviously have to be #pgd but for a server I think going with the one that #fpc is on would be good too.

Eriken
08-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Maintaining it wouldn't really be a problem, I guess there are folks out there who has been around IRC a few times.. or maybe even years (ok, now I'm starting to feel old)

But if noone has hidden a irc-server away that we can use, we can just as well try one of the public ones out there :)

FPC is on freenode.net
Gamedev.net is on afternet.org

I haven't tried out any of those networks, I'm using Undernet mostly, also that's where the DGDev Team has the weekly meetings. Works fine for our purpose if you disregard those few annoying netsplits once in a while.

Any thoughts/ideas/comments about PGD on irc.. or servers?
_____
Eriken

{MSX}
09-01-2005, 09:58 AM
some time ago i registered #pgdev on the freenode servers (the same that host #fpc and #lazarus-ide

we could register #pgd instead.
The server is managed by chanserv and nickserv so it will take very little effort to mantain..

I agree with this proposal :P

WILL
09-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Well Avatar, Eriken... if you guys want it... it's all yours. ;) I'll put it in your charge since you guys seem to be able to manage the effort to keep it going. :)

Let me know how it goes. I'll see about making a little notice about it on the site somewhere once it's setup.

And for those interested there will be RSS feeds for both the news and forums on the site soon.

09-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Good :)

MSX just registered the #PGD chan on Freenode.

The server adresse is irc.freenode.net

About managing, I guess every PGD staff member will have an op ...

I will surely write a little rule of the chan soon :)

So now we just need people to come ;)

WILL
09-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Like I'd have said no. :roll: :lol:

irc.freenode.net is a good choice, coupled with #fpc is a good idea... there is a pretty consistant community there for Pascal coders.

Sly
09-01-2005, 10:25 PM
And for those interested there will be RSS feeds for both the news and forums on the site soon.

You rock. :D