PDA

View Full Version : Retrieving Audio Track OffSet

TheLion
03-12-2002, 09:54 AM
I'm trying to write an application that communicates with the FreeDB database (a free version of the CDDB database www.freedb.org), however they seem not to be aware of the unique code that each CD has, so they have designed a method to create a (mostly) unique number for a CD query. However to do this query I need to know the (real) offset of each track on the CD... Does anyone know how to retrieve that offset???

TheLion
03-12-2002, 10:13 PM
I have allready solved the problem... Never thought it would be that hard to read out the TOC with that many M$ API power to our disposal! :)
I had found a few libraries that could read the TOC of the CD in an instant using the ASPI drivers... :)

I'm using FreeDB now, however I wonder what these guys where thinking while developing their database and server capabilities. They are using a key of which they admit that it's almost unique. They generate this key of the offsets of the CD tracks... I could be wrong but isn't there a unique number on every CD, I have once written a procedure that could retrieve that code, but I never found any other use for it than determining which CD is in the drive, but I think that ID would be far more unique than using track-offsets!