PDA

View Full Version : FPC imports GTK2

Anonymous
25-01-2005, 08:38 AM
FPC imported GTK2 headers from the sf.net gtk4pascal project into CVS.

So the next release will contain it preinstalled.

{MSX}
25-01-2005, 11:09 AM
FPC imported GTK2 headers from the sf.net gtk4pascal project into CVS.

So the next release will contain it preinstalled.

great news! i hope this will make gtk2 programming more easy.. (expecially glade :P )
Also, a gtk2 lazarus would be great :P

Anonymous
25-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Also, a gtk2 lazarus would be great :P

That's the main reason, specially to have better control over focus.

There actually already is an attempt at a GTK2 lazarus port, but it is very alpha still.

Does glade allow code<>designer interaction like lazarus? Non integrated GUI designers are IMHO fairly useless

Lightning
25-01-2005, 03:36 PM
GTK2 is in the plans, the next month a small group of people will start integrating the GTK2 interface in Lazarus/LCL :thelion:

{MSX}
25-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Does glade allow code<>designer interaction like lazarus? Non integrated GUI designers are IMHO fairly useless

No, it doesn't afaik.
Anyway, i don't think they're useless. It helps keep ui separated from logic, a thing that nobody cares enought.
Also, there are some tool to generate a skeleton code with events for a given glade file (which is not the deprecated code generation of glade), that is very useful.

I'll try and do something as soon as fpc integrates GTK2 :P

{MSX}
25-01-2005, 09:55 PM
btw where did you read that news ?

Almindor
26-01-2005, 11:06 AM
On IRC. Synopsis was talking about it some time ago.

Anonymous
27-01-2005, 09:46 AM
On IRC. Synopsis was talking about it some time ago.

Being FPC core has also its advantages :-)

Clootie
27-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Updating FPC source from CVS on daily basis will immediatly notify of this event too :lol:

marcov
27-01-2005, 03:31 PM
wx.net is also a possibility. Sb from FreeCLX is working on it, and it compiled with FPC, however if it is working is not known

(wx.net is a C level wrapper dll around the C++ wxWindows, meant for easier importing in .NET, but that goes for FPC too. wx.net itself is not .NET)

{MSX}
27-01-2005, 04:11 PM
(wx.net is a C level wrapper dll around the C++ wxWindows, meant for easier importing in .NET, but that goes for FPC too. wx.net itself is not .NET)

God, for a moment i thougt they were messing up with .NET for fpc..
I was already putting a rope around my neck.. :P

Lightning
27-01-2005, 06:12 PM
The FPC team will not support .NET verry soon, nobody seems to want .NET support when they can have native(fast) executables for any platform :)
I guess that .dll does what the QT wrappers do for Kylix, the C++ guys usually forget about other languages and start using objects combined with functions, that's why it's easier to code for GTK/Win, they have a "normal" API that can be used with FPC too.
The biggest problem with QT/wx/whatever is the use of objects wich are not compatible with FPC ones.

marcov
28-01-2005, 07:59 AM
God, for a moment i thougt they were messing up with .NET for fpc..
I was already putting a rope around my neck.. :P

Who do you think wrote the .NET faq entry on the FPC site?

Lightning, read the original message better. wx.net is a plain C wrapper around C++ code. Done for .NET importing, but FPC also needs C++ wrapped