PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. to my USB pen drive

{MSX}
09-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Today, my beloved 128 MB USB Pen Drive passed away.
It served me well for all its life, but this morning, when i connected it to my pc at work .. silence.

Damn, i have to develop my turn based game this morning :P What do i do now ?

Traveler
09-03-2005, 10:30 AM
What do i do now ?
Gives you a good excuse to play WoW instead :D

Hope you used it as a backup medium only?

TheLion
09-03-2005, 03:02 PM
*TheLion* Plays Amazing Grace and gives an honor salute! :salute:

Crisp_N_Dry
09-03-2005, 08:06 PM
At least he had a good innings.

czar
09-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Hmm, didn't realise flash drives died so quickly.

JernejL
10-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Hope you used it as a backup medium only?

usb drives for backups? they are supposed to be used for easy data transfer :)

i just bought a 512mb one, so i can go and download big files in
the library that has adsl and then bring them home ;)

{MSX}
10-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Well i used it as a development media :P There was FPC, Blender Paint shop pro 4, JEDI-SDL etc.. Just to develop at work :P
Luckily, i do daily backup of that.

Saturnday i'll go to PC City and try to get it changed. It should have a warrant.. The nice thing is that if they change it by the same price i'll have a 256 MB now :P It will have space for lazarus too

Sly
10-03-2005, 10:23 PM
What interesting uses could one make of a dead USB drive?

:arrow: Bury it, but use it as it's own headstone.
:arrow: Test the robustness of the plastic case with the aid of a car tyre (with car attached).
:arrow: Attach it to a small chain and wear it around your neck, claiming it is your new iPod Shuffle. Drill a small hole for a headphone jack, 'plug in' some earphones and groove away to yourself.
:arrow: Attach it to the bonnet of your car. Mercedes Benz have the three-pointed star. Rolls Royce have the flying lady. You have the USB drive.
:arrow: Cut off the USB plug end and glue the remainder of the USB drive to a baseball cap. Wear the cap in public proudly stating, "I just upgraded my memory". Walk up to someone you know and when they say hi, you say, "Do I know you? Sorry, my memory of you must be on my other USB drive."

If it's still in warranty though, I would perhaps suggest not to do any of these (potentially destructive) ideas. :)

Traveler
10-03-2005, 11:25 PM
usb drives for backups? they are supposed to be used for easy data transfer :)

True, but With backup I meant, that the actual version of his code on that usb stick was a copy and not the origional.
I know some people who actually lost important documents that way, because they never bothered to write it to a harddisk.

TheLion
11-03-2005, 08:02 AM
What interesting uses could one make of a dead USB drive?

:arrow: Bury it, but use it as it's own headstone.
:arrow: Test the robustness of the plastic case with the aid of a car tyre (with car attached).
:arrow: Attach it to a small chain and wear it around your neck, claiming it is your new iPod Shuffle. Drill a small hole for a headphone jack, 'plug in' some earphones and groove away to yourself.
:arrow: Attach it to the bonnet of your car. Mercedes Benz have the three-pointed star. Rolls Royce have the flying lady. You have the USB drive.
:arrow: Cut off the USB plug end and glue the remainder of the USB drive to a baseball cap. Wear the cap in public proudly stating, "I just upgraded my memory". Walk up to someone you know and when they say hi, you say, "Do I know you? Sorry, my memory of you must be on my other USB drive."

If it's still in warranty though, I would perhaps suggest not to do any of these (potentially destructive) ideas. :)

ROFLMAO! :D