PDA

View Full Version : linux/windows

tux
20-06-2005, 03:42 PM
can FPC compile linux apps on a windows platform?

im wondering because a site im making will need a linux app but im not up for installing linux (and i cant get it running in microsoft virtual pc, and the other virtual pc software what i forgot its name causes a BSOD when creating a hdd).

also what are the IDE options other then lazarus?

HopeDagger
20-06-2005, 04:46 PM

The only one I know of other than Laz and the DOS IDE that comes with FPC is Dev-Pascal (http://www.bloodshed.net/devpascal.html). We certainly need a bigger arsenal of Pascal IDEs out there! :)

{MSX}
20-06-2005, 05:21 PM
can FPC compile linux apps on a windows platform?

im wondering because a site im making will need a linux app but im not up for installing linux (and i cant get it running in microsoft virtual pc, and the other virtual pc software what i forgot its name causes a BSOD when creating a hdd).

One that named himself "tux" should not use this trick :P Go for a Linux distro! :D
(just joking)
You could try with the -Tlinux option for fpc, it should work but probably needs the basic linux libraries on disk.

Well i work on a GTK2 IDE from time to time but it's very poor :P
I don't know of any other.
Bye!

tux
20-06-2005, 09:22 PM
i had linux installed earlier htis month but only used it for web work, and that can be done in windows easy so i thought theres no point wasting hdd space and time in rebooting.

looks like ill need linux again then

Almindor
21-06-2005, 11:22 AM
See the http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf
There's info about cross-compilation somewhere. FPC is the only compiler I know which can rather easily compile from any platform/arch to any other platform/arch.

WILL
25-06-2005, 05:29 AM
As far as I know, FPC can cross-compiler on win32 to Linux, win32 or Mac OS X. And vice versa on Linux or Mac OS X aswell...

Bart
25-06-2005, 03:38 PM
You should compile with -Tlinux and add the Linux headers from the Linux version. I once tried to compile a windows binary on a Linux os and that didn't work. I don't know if it works.