PDA

View Full Version : GLScene + Lazarus

Incubii
23-09-2005, 08:58 AM
I just downloaded and installed this recently and ran the demos. Despite them actually working, god damn they were slow as buggery. I hope that this definatly gets fixed up as this will be an awesome combination for laz/fpc. :D

Almindor
25-11-2006, 08:51 AM
The current version from svn (the fork which was made to get glscene working for lazarus/fpc, url: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcprojects/glscene/trunk ) works mostly.

About 80% of demoes work now and they work good (for me in linux with nvidia driver, I get 200-1000fps on most stuff)

Tanner
09-12-2006, 04:46 AM
Is there a complete archive containing the entire GLScene for Lazarus?
Possibily up to date, to start a project I've been thinking about for years?

It's a long time since I programmed in OOPascal... I would like to restart now, using only Open source software.

Just thinking about Lazarus + GLScene...

Almindor
09-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Well, only the SVN right now. There are no releases yet. Currently only crossbuilder and me are working on finishing the glscene port (started by christian).

Also, right now you need to use latest 2.1.1 FPC to use glscene, because fpc had some incompatibilities with Delphi streams in the past and they only got fixed in the devel version.

I do hope to release glscene for lazarus as a ready-to-use packages after fpc 2.2 hits the streets.

Until then you need to do this:

1. Get latest fpc2.1.1 running (see fpc page for more info, specialy the wiki)
2. Get glscene from the SVN link, you need the trunk.
3. Get lazarus (needs to be compiled with the 2.1.1)
4. Install glscene into lazarus with either glscene/LazarusWin/glscenelazarus.lpk or glscene/LazarusLin/glscenelazarus.lpk
5. Optionally there's ODE package and also Cg shaders package in the aforementioned dirs which adds support for these things into glscene (needs some dlls/so files to work, that's why it's separated)

After that (it's rough but not that difficult to get it done) you just use glscene as normal in your project.

Things to note:

1. Windows glscene is generaly still better, but has a very ugly issue (atleast on my computer) that in design-mode it doesn't refresh itself properly (everything is ok in runtime)

2. ODE has been chopped off the unofficial extensions which delphi glscene uses. There's no .so file in unix with the extended ODE so it had to go.

3. For Cg you need the cg toolkit from nvidia (this is same with delphi version)

4. EventsMGR component is bugged currently.

5. Behaviors and Effects are not editable properly in design time. Not sure about runtime.

This about wraps it up.