PDA

View Full Version : Concept Art and Such

Robert Kosek
20-10-2005, 05:13 AM
Anyone here have concept art skills? I could use a concept artist, freetime work for no pay. I don't really have money to pay, the project is my own IP, and I could use a few visual aids. For those interested I would point at my site, but the webhost kicked the bucket (Data center fire) on the 10th and I'm still working to get back online.

Any who would like to apply post here, and I'll PM you a bit more details. I'd like someone who's fairly experienced with pencil art and photoshop combined, though I'll take what I can get.

Here's a few technical aspects of the project:
:arrow: It's not a videogame, I don't have enough skill to do something this big in a game. What it is is a "Play by Post" Roleplaying game, which eventually will develop into a real RPG. The PBP version is my testbed of the concept, fleshing things out, playtesting and whatnot. The art is to provide visual aid for things like weapons, vehicles and races.
:arrow: We were online for ~3 months and playtesting with roughly 4-6 active players routinely. The server was destroyed in the fire and all data was lost, because I hadn't made a backup (I know, don't say it...). But this gives me a chance to correct my mistakes and start afresh. This IS a good thing, by the way.
:arrow: Currently I have no intention of selling anything, so you don't have to worry about "your cut". You'll be fully credited and linked to, should you have a site of your own.

Traveler
20-10-2005, 08:45 AM
I have that problem myself. Although I used to draw a lot when I was a kid (and reasonably good at it), I traded the pencil for a pc and as a result my drawing skills are now a bit lacking.
So whenever I need concept art (to create 3D stuff) I browse the web a lot.

conceptart.org (http://www.conceptart.org/) is a fine place to start. Especially because you can make requests.