PDA

View Full Version : Help

Dimi
02-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi everyone i am new(realy new) and i got no idea about delphi gaming programation ( i just do database programans) but i know program delpA'hi and i got lot of time free, anyone can say to me good tools and tutorials please?

K4Z
02-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Welcome to PGD Dimi.

Well you've come to the right place. First thing you should do is check out the Library and articles page, there's plenty of resources there.

For newcomers to Delphi/Pascal game programming I'd recommend learning DirectX programming, or Jedi-SDL.

Comming from Delphi Database programming, DelphiX would probably be easier to get the hang of, using VCL components on forms.

Traveler
02-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Welcome to PGD, Dimi!

I have little more to add to what K4Z said. Have a look around in the library. Check out some of the directX wrappers. DelphiX is highly favourable, but Omega is quite good to start with as well. There are some tutorials available here as well as on my site. Other sites related to gameprogramming can be found in the links section.

In case you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Dimi
02-11-2005, 11:20 PM
thank you guys make games its a dream =D, i realy dont have any idea about do game i haved take a look at libary directx programating, i tried but i couldnt find one of i understand there is some tutorial of the logic of game programating?

PS:i am taking a look at travelers web(very good) and Thank you all =D

technomage
03-11-2005, 05:51 PM
If you want a tutorial on DelphiX check out

http://www.cerebral-bicycle.co.uk/links.asp?cat=24&subj=5