PDA

View Full Version : PowerDraw Forum

LP
05-02-2003, 01:07 AM
Greetings! I've been invited to DGDev, particularily as moderator for new PowerDraw forum where you can post technical questions or comments about PowerDraw components. Myself, I have great interest in graphics programming and effects, am an amateur 3D artist and have quite some experience in Delphi and in general C++, so if you have related questions - ask me freely.
About PowerDraw - first it was created as an add-on for DelphiX to render images with effects quickly using hardware acceleration. About one year and half we (a small team of developers, mainly coordinated by me and HAB) started a game project called Abyss of Infinity which lately was divided into two; as a result, I've made a standalone PowerDraw 2.x library based on DirectX 8, which is now used as core graphics engine in our projects. Since then, many things happened, we rearranged our team several times, cancelled / restarted many projects and finally settled together now as Crimson Shine. Few weeks ago I've started PowerDraw 3.x which I've rewritten from scratch with slightly different concept; now it contains buffered & cached high-performance rendering routines, timer component, fonts, input, particle engine with sort by texture allowing particles to be buffered improving performance dramatically, and some other components. Anyway, the components are located at: http://turbo.gamedev.net/powerdraw.asp.

I think that's enough info to get started...
- Lifepower