PDA

View Full Version : One of the most famous game Tunneler by Geoffrey Silverton

funda
16-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi there, I m student and I m supposed to create game Tunneler using Delphi. I m trying to create it, but somehow I cant succed. Is ther someone who could help me with source code, link to some web-page where I could find it or somethink. Original was created in Turbo pascal 4. Here is link to this game, but unfortunately without source code.
http://members.chello.at/theodor.lauppert/games/tunneler.htm

Traveler
17-12-2005, 02:17 PM
With what part are you having troubles? Could you show us some what you already have?

LP
21-12-2005, 02:30 AM
Tunneler runs at an undocumented low-resolution (160x100) 16-color video mode...
OMG! :shock:

What is it?
A split-screen two-player combat game running in an undocumented video mode, 1991, DOS.

I guess the developer didn't like MCGA/EGA/VGA. :)
Hell, why use a documented 320x200x8 mode or documented 640x480x4 mode, if we can use an undocumented 160x100x4!

funda
28-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Well, acctually I have nothing. I just have a couple of theoretical infomation. For example I find out that I should use something like thread, becauose there can run only one proces on the procesor at the same time. I would like to make it work under winXP and this OS offres lot of resources that I could use (API, VCL, OLE ... or what), but I dont know how does it work. So I ve got lot to learn yet, so I can use them. Or there is also another possibility, to create my own procedures, functions, components and not to use ones that OS offers.