PDA

View Full Version : Delphi 2006

technomage
23-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Well I just got my nice shiny new copy of Delphi 2006 Pro. And I am well impressed. The IDE is very quick and slick, I loaded a couple of my projects and they compiled with only a few issue (i.e adding the Variants unit). The exe's are even smaller than Delphi 5's exe's (which are small anyway).

the amount of software you get for the Pro version is very good, Delphi Delphi.Net, C# C++, Indy 10 and various other addons.

All in all I'm impressed with this IDE :D, it's tones better that M$ VS 2003 and I suspect better than M$ VS 2005.

With this software and the new company DevCo I think things might be lookin g up for one of our favourite IDE's :D

Robert Kosek
23-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Finally someone has a positive thing to say about Borland and Delphi. :roll: Hopefully it is something to be glad about, not simply hopeful for...

WILL
24-05-2006, 12:10 AM
It is indeed refreashing to see positive change in the Delphi world these days. I gave up on 2005 and also wanted to go cross-platform, so off to the Lazarus side of the house.

Should they ever make a new Kylix or Delphi for Linux, I'd be more than happy to check it out. :)

They still have that pink code highlighter in the Code Editor still? As silly as this may sound that really turned me off at my first impression of 2005. 'What? I don't know how to kep track of my text cursor?!? :roll:' lol

But this is nice to hear. Good things from Delphi after all these years. Looking forward to the new DevCo's reign.