PDA

View Full Version : IE cache

BlueCat
07-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Any idea how Internet Explorer (6) decides which files to put in the disk cache? It seems to keep some files and not others. So for example the browser loads ALL the images when I'm at DGDev every time I visit ANY page. Even when I press 'Back'. But some things like annoying pop up ads load immediately after the first time they load.

My settings are fine and I don't have the problem in Opera or Mozilla. Is it something to do with the 'Expires' column in the Temporary Internet Files folder? I've checked and the images don't even go into the cache so it's no to do with IE checking for newer versions. :roll:

I'm trying to make a 'mouseover' menu but the images load from the server so it takes about 3 seconds to switch between images even to switch back to the 'normal' image. And I'm preloading the images so it's not that. Again no problem with other browsers.

BlueCat
08-03-2003, 11:45 AM
Ok forget that! :)

There's a discussion going on at the f2o forums about it, they know it's happening.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

BlueCat
08-03-2003, 06:21 PM
I found a fix that overrides the apache server so all you dialup users with IE should find things go a lot faster :)