PDA

View Full Version : Media Player for delphi

seiferalmasy
09-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Delphix only supports uncompressed wav's. I need to be able to use M ADPCM

(need for background music)

So I had a look around. Mediaplayer that comes with delphi seemed a good start. It does all that I want except music volume control. (to do that I have to chnage entire system volume and I don't want to).

Had a look at BassPlayer but keeps giving me errors when trying to load the project. put Bass.dll and the like in the app folder but still it won't load the form some error like "cannot support dual channel mode (failed to get buffer). Then a ton of errors. When compiling it works ok, but I seem to have to always have bass.dll there. Tried thr wrapper Dynamic_bass.pas but that just gave me even more errors and didnt doa thing. So gave up on it as a bad job

Anyone have any suggestions on: changing Tmediaplayer volume, getting bassplayer working or suggesting another mediaplayer?

technomage
09-10-2006, 08:51 PM
The SX Media component suite is an addon for DelphiX.

http://www.sxmedia.co.uk

You might need to change it to work with the latest version of DelphiX, but it supports playing Mod Files and it will give you some pointers on using DirectShow to play back movies and/or mp3 files.

WILL
09-10-2006, 09:53 PM
...but you'll want to make sure you have the latest ModPlug SDK headers though. ;)

Or did you update those yet Dean?

technomage
09-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Not yet, keep loosing the new source code :cry:

WILL
09-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Ok then, I'll post it here then.

But merge it into SX Media already. (My included docs too!) :P You have all the permision in the world to do so. :D (Well I stole your header first so it's only fair. :lol:)

Link: ModPlugSDKforDelphi10.zip (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/files/188/ModPlugSDKforDelphi10.zip) (149 KB)

Oh and it even includes the last .DLL update that Oliver made too. Adds a few small features on top of what SXMedia had.

seiferalmasy
11-10-2006, 01:50 AM
what about Tactivemovie? This looks good?

Crusare
11-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Playing sounds that are not in "wav" format... hmm...familiar :D.

You can download the FMOD APi (it's free), and use it. With that, you can play MP3, OGG, WAV, S3M, XI and IT. I think that's more than enough...

WILL
11-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Not if you want to sell your game then it's not so free. :)