PDA

View Full Version : CodeHealer - nice tool in everyday work ;-)

wodzu
05-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Greetings.

Recently I have discovered pretty neat tool called CodeHealer. As its name says it heals your code by checking a lot of stuff (uninitialized variables, unreferenced local identifiers and so on). It's also provides you nice code stats including number of lines in each unit or percentage of comments ;)

I will not tell you about many of its features, better check it yourself ;)

So heres the link: http://www.socksoftware.com

Regards,

Wodzu

LP
05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
You forgot to mention that isn't not free. Also, their claims about BDS 2006 support are not true - it only works for BDS 2005 and lower (breaks on operator overloading in BDS 2006 and higher). The interface leaves much to be desired too IMHO, with Delphi standard 16-colored icons used in many places.

Tried this app only to see how it calculates coupling and data abstraction (since the rest of its features also exist in Delphi IDE), but it didn't work since project uses operator overloading everywhere. In fact, it brakes at Asphyre 4 source code. :lol: :cry:

wodzu
05-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Tried this app only to see how it calculates coupling and data abstraction (since the rest of its features also exist in Delphi IDE), but it didn't work since project uses operator overloading everywhere. In fact, it brakes at Asphyre 4 source code. :lol: :cry:

You and 'your' operator overloading :roll: :wink:

But its a good point, they shouldn't claim something which isn't true. However,
I run this app today on one of my projects and Delphi 7 did not found such possible threat:

procedure p1;
var
i: integer;
procedure p2;
var
i: integer;
begin
do something with i;
end;
do something with i;
end;

And this application did.