PDA

View Full Version : Sub-categories hack

BlueCat
15-05-2003, 12:36 AM
I've installed the sub-categories hack. It will only work with the DarkEQ style which is the default style and the only one I install new features for now. Apparently it's supposed to take 1hr 15mins but I got there in 2 hours :P. After a few small problems it seems to be working ok. If you've ever installed a phpbb mod rated as Moderate or higher you'll know how my brain is feeling :? All this at 800x600 and 60hz.

:right: What do you think of the new sub-categories hack?
It's fantastic, just what I always wanted :left:

Will sleep now :salute:

Useless Hacker
15-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Well done, BlueCat!

Eriken
15-05-2003, 12:58 PM
I like it..

but but but but.. *looks stressed*.. where did the "1 new post" go from the forum list? I haven't seen it all day and there have been new posts?

Did you destroy something o'father of all forum-hacks?
_____
Eriken :twisted:

BlueCat
15-05-2003, 07:12 PM
I like it..

but but but but.. *looks stressed*.. where did the "1 new post" go from the forum list? I haven't seen it all day and there have been new posts?

Did you destroy something o'father of all forum-hacks?
_____
Eriken :twisted:

I did indeed destroy something :twisted:

But I'll find a way to put in back in soon, just need to get it in the right place!

BlueCat
16-05-2003, 01:25 AM
I couldn't get the old 'new posts' hack to work with the sub-categories.... so I wrote my own :) You have to count all the posts under each sub-category so it's a bit more complicated. Looks OK though, tell me if it goes wrong.

TheLion
18-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Just wanted to say that I LOVE the new design of the subcategory icons! :)

Whoever made them ... GOOD JOB! 8)

BlueCat
18-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Just wanted to say that I LOVE the new design of the subcategory icons! :)

Whoever made them ... GOOD JOB! 8)

Thanks, I'll pass your comments on to him :)

I've hacked the hack :shock: and added an option to the profile page to let you choose if you want to see all the subforums on the main page.

Just go to your profile and look for 'Display subforums'!!!