PDA

View Full Version : Code Gear Video Contest

technomage
21-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Hi Everyone

I've been chatting to some people over at code gear about Delphi Gamer Magazine and they pointed me to this link.

http://dn.codegear.com/article/36783

Code Gear are running a competition for a video advertising Code Gear and what you can do with their products , putting forward the "fun side of Delphi".

Put it simple we are probably the best people for that, and with WILL's new found video expertise I think the community can put something good together.

Comments?

Traveler
21-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Sounds interesting. I wonder though why judging is based on youtube ratings. IMO those can be easily influenced. Or am I being paranoid?

Huehnerschaender
21-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I guess the idea is, that you try to reach as many people as possible yourself. You will post in the forums you use to hang around, tell your friends to watch the movie and tell everyone they should rate your video, which is a proof they watched it.... and watching it is what? Watching an advertisement for CodeGear... So the idea behind the contest is nothing else than let the codegear users take care of new customers for codegear :)

I am not sure, but I suppose you cannot watch a movie over and over again rating it from the same IP....

WILL
21-08-2007, 09:12 PM
You know I was wondering when someone else was going to post about this. :P If I wasn't so busy and between so many other things I would have thought of it earlier...

Actually I was going to make something up, but I've been running around too much lately. Wouldn't hurt to upgrade my version of Delphi. Last copy I've got is 7. :lol:

You'll notice that the last one of their examples was one posted by me! (Geneis Device demo) So maybe I've been inspiring the CodeGear boys a bit, huh? ;)

I may make a vid or so for the contest soon. It'll be a wee bit of fun. I was thinking of submitting the Awards Presentation in, but that seemed a bit wrong. :P

pstudio
21-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Perhaps a bit off topic, but I saw that one of the other mentioned movies was Development Tool Time. If you haven't seen it yet, and you've watched Home Improvement, then you must see this amusing clip on YouTube.
More Power hrr hrr hrrr :D

arthurprs
22-08-2007, 03:06 AM
Look what it have on the house wall :shock: a head of some animal :lol: :shock: