PDA

View Full Version : drawStretchAlpha?

Traveler
24-08-2007, 08:59 PM
HI Andreaz,

I've been checking out your library and I must say I like it a lot! I've been using my own opengl codebase for a while now, but its not near a complete as Phoenix is.

I was wondering, I've been trying to get a stretched but faded image on to the screen. I noticed there is a stretchDraw function as well as a drawAlpha, but nothing that combines both functions. That is unless I'm missing something.

Am I? And if not, would it be possible to add it for a next release? It's not a really big deal, but might be useful to others as well.

Cheers, and :thumbup: again for a great lib!

Andreaz
25-08-2007, 07:34 AM
HI Andreaz,

I've been checking out your library and I must say I like it a lot! I've been using my own opengl codebase for a while now, but its not near a complete as Phoenix is.

I was wondering, I've been trying to get a stretched but faded image on to the screen. I noticed there is a stretchDraw function as well as a drawAlpha, but nothing that combines both functions. That is unless I'm missing something.

Am I? And if not, would it be possible to add it for a next release? It's not a really big deal, but might be useful to others as well.

Cheers, and :thumbup: again for a great lib!

You could always do like this (this is exactly what the drawAlpha is doing.

glColor4f(1,1,1, Alpha);
Images[5].StreachDraw(...)

The alpha blending is enabled by default so its just a matter of defining the color :)

Traveler
25-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Ahh sweet, thanks for the quick reply!

Andreaz
29-08-2007, 05:41 AM
No problems, have you crawled out of the wow swamp yet ? :)

Traveler
29-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Hehe, I'm currently stuck up to my waist.

There's hope though. Up to a couple weeks ago, it was far worse than that :D

Not sure if I'll ever get completely out though...

Andreaz
30-08-2007, 05:12 AM
Hehe, know the feeling :) I've managed to get myself more or less unstuck, good for the coding part :P