PDA

View Full Version : TBitmap without LCL

savage
17-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Is there an easy way to use TBitmap without using the whole LCL?

Does FreePascal have such a unit?

jdarling
17-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Yes and No. You have to have the graphics unit to utilize TGraphic and its descendent's. But, having graphics included doesn't mean that you have the ties to the entire LCL, just parts of it.

You could also try Vampyre Imaging. I've used it in the past and am quite impressed by the features and work that have went into it.

savage
17-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Maybe I should have mentioned that it has to work on Mac OS X.

arthurprs
17-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Maybe I should have mentioned that it has to work on Mac OS X.
You can try one of the following
http://freeimage.sourceforge.net/
http://openil.sourceforge.net/

why imaging does not work on macox ?

Robert Kosek
17-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I think Vampyre isn't tested on Mac OS X. Honestly Mac Os X is nothing more than "pretty linux" with an Apple branding on it. If it supports Linux, which it does, it supports Mac.

Galfar
17-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I think Vampyre isn't tested on Mac OS X. Honestly Mac Os X is nothing more than "pretty linux" with an Apple branding on it. If it supports Linux, which it does, it supports Mac.
Exactly, it is not tested. We have some Macs at uni but I can't install FPC there.
I think it should work ok on new Intel Macs. On older PowerPC Macs there could be
problems with some file format loaders (little/big endian).

Almindor
18-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Exactly, it is not tested. We have some Macs at uni but I can't install FPC there.
I think it should work ok on new Intel Macs. On older PowerPC Macs there could be
problems with some file format loaders (little/big endian).

You got macs at school in Czech Republic? Wow i'm impressed. From what I know there's no Mac on any Slovak school yet :)

Considering the prices I'm not surprised, although desktops are getting normal. (but still like 1.5 more pricey than when bought in US)

Galfar
23-09-2007, 09:34 AM
You got macs at school in Czech Republic? Wow i'm impressed. From what I know there's no Mac on any Slovak school yet :)

Yeah, we have few iMacs at FI MUNI. There is also a lot of students from Slovakia :)

marcov
28-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Have a look at the "fpimage" package in the packages (installed default with FPC). Directory fpc/packages/fcl-image/src in the source

It has abstract image types, readers etc.