PDA

View Full Version : Light and Fog Maps

M109uk
08-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Hi all,

i have found loads and loads of documents on how to do Lightmaps but they only explain the theory of this and provide no code or decent explanation on how to do lightmaps, i have however found a few sourecode's that use Static and Dynamic Lightmaps and Fogmaps, but the code is just a huge mess and i can not make heads or tails of it :?
So i thought i will ask here if any one could provide source code or explain (as if to a 2 year old :roll: )how to generate fog and lightmaps dynamic and/or static if possible.

Thanks for any help
M109uk

Alimonster
12-06-2003, 08:57 AM
This is something that I've been meaning to look into myself. If you drop a link to the code you're looking at then I'll see if I can make it more readable/with comments - it doesn't matter whether it's Delphi or C++.

However, my computer is royally fux0red at the moment, so I won't be able to look at it until it gets back to full health. :(

M109uk
12-06-2003, 10:19 AM
lol the code isnt too bad, its written in delphi, the only problem i have with it is that it has no formatting, and most of the code seems to be dumped every where :? and theres is no/little comments.

The link for the source code is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delphigames/files/3D/NoLimits3DSource.zip

I have a compiled copy of it (a later version) but i cant remember where i got it from, and i dont now where i put it on my computer :roll:

I have tried to sort the code out a little, but its a lot, and i kinda got confused. but he/she has code for lightmaps (inc Dynamic, static, spotlights, etc) and Fogmaps.

Alimonster
12-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Okay. My home computer has been out of action for almost a week (it suddenly decided to blue screen of death when booting up and has been flaky since) and I've spent all the time since then trying to get any OS installed at all(!). This code has been put near the top of my imaginary todo list and I'll look at it "soon" (whenever the computer decides that it wants an OS :roll:, which may be another week of hassle with luck) .