PDA

View Full Version : Andorra 2D - Version 0.4.5 released

igel457
24-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Andorra 2D - Version 0.4.5 released
I’m pleased to announce version 0.4.5 of the next generation 2D-Engine Andorra 2D.

Version 0.4.5 mainly is a bug-fix release, although a few new features were added. Source code that worked with version 0.4 should work without any/minor changes.

Version 0.4 had problems with older hardware in the OpenGL mode – this bug should be fixed now. Many users complained that a few pixels of their textures were distorted when using DirectX. With most graphics boards this bug should be history too. And these are only the most conspicuous bugs that have been fixed – have a look at the changelog to get an overview over all changes.

Andorra 2D 0.4.5 adds support for the new Delphi 2009.

The video module of Andorra 2D has also been improved. Using the new FFMpeg-Wrapper library Acinerella (http://acinerella.sf.net/), you’re able to build your own video player with Andorra 2D in under 200 lines of code. Connecting an external audio library (Andorra 2D doesn’t have audio support and will never have) to the video module is also very simple now.

The documentation of Andorra 2D was undergoing vast improvements too. Although there are still a few classes and constants undocumented, the documentation has been improved and expanded.

For more details regarding this release, visit the project homepage:
http://andorra.sourceforge.net/index.php?section=changelogs

To download the newest version, visit
http://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=182128&sel_platform=718

You can get an overview over all available downloads here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=182128

Have a lot of fun with this new release and many thanks to Manuel Eberl (who added the PNG support), Nikolai Wyderka and of course everyone who reported bugs and suggested improvements.

Andreas St??ckel (Igel457)
Project Administrator

Chesso
25-12-2008, 06:59 AM
It sounds and looks good but it's a pain in the butt.

I don't particularly understand all this DLL and extra stuff (someone should probably build an auto installer or something), why doesn't one dll just work? What's with AndorraD3D9 and a regular D3d9 dll file (is it one is it both, do you build just one or both or what).

PNG support with PNGDelphi? ummm no, because the site does not exist anymore and I can't find a download for it anywhere...... so that's no good lol.

At that point I didn't bother installing it, it's all a bit messy looking to me.

igel457
25-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi,

Andorra 2D works with one DLL - you only need the AndorraDX93D.dll or the AndorraOGL.dll. All other DLLs are optional. You don't have to use PNGDelphi for PNG support, there are 3 other libraries supported by Andorra 2D:
- Internal PNG-Loader (activate a compiler-switch in src/andorra_conf.inc)
- DevIL (needs DevIL.dll)
- FreeImage (needs FreeImage.dll)

I didn't ship the d3d9_33.dll because this is prohibited by the Microsoft DirectX Eula. Download the DirectX-Web installer and run it, or buy a recent game and run its installer.

Chesso
25-12-2008, 07:17 PM
I can see about that DLL now.

You only need it for some specific things, which I probably will not need anyway so that is good.

Thanks for the info!

jdarling
16-01-2009, 03:24 PM
I looked at Andorra and have to admit that the DLL thing pushed me away from using it as well. Why not have a version of the library that simply compiles this into the executable. This would make working on cross platform (Mac specifically) easier. Remember, not all OS's make linking a library as simple as just placing it in a folder.

At this point, I can't get Andorra to work on anything except windows and that's a major let down for me.

Looks like a nice library though, and I look forward to the day it works cross platform :). Until then I'm sticking with Phoenix and Vampyre.

igel457
17-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Andorra 2D is cross platform and works with Linux as well - The same way it does on windows: Simply compile the plugin library and place it in the same directory as your executable. The only thing you have to remember is to give a absolute path to the "TAdDraw.DllName" property.

I haven't been able to test it with a Mac, because I don't own one (and I don't plan to do this).

blackvoid
23-02-2009, 09:03 AM
I am having install problems with Andorra. I am using Delphi 7 Professional.
In every example:
Undeclared identifier: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown
Ok, I remove this line.

Then: d3dx9_33.dll not found. There is no such dll in the package. I renamed AndorraDX93D.dll to this name, but it still does not work: D3DXTextureCreate not found in d3dx9_33.dll.

Install instructions would be welcome. I have checked the website with the FAQ, no help there.

jdarling
23-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I am having install problems with Andorra. I am using Delphi 7 Professional.
In every example:
Undeclared identifier: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown
Ok, I remove this line.

Then: d3dx9_33.dll not found. There is no such dll in the package. I renamed AndorraDX93D.dll to this name, but it still does not work: D3DXTextureCreate not found in d3dx9_33.dll.

Install instructions would be welcome. I have checked the website with the FAQ, no help there.

d3dx9_33.dll is the d3dx9.dll only with a different name. Basically stating you have to have ver 3.3 (I think) of the dll to utilize the framework. Download and install the DirectX developer package for 9 and look for it once installed. Change the name as appropriate and your up and running. You can't re-distribute this library with an application due to MS licensing.

Of course, searching the web turns up 100's of copies of the dll in question :)

blackvoid
23-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks!

So if I create a game, I cannot provide the dll and all the users must download it on their own? That is not an option for a commercial game unfortunately.

jdarling
23-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Users of your game will be required to install DirectX runtime's. This is typical of most all games. The reason you have to specifically install the developer runtime's are they are are for the developers.

blackvoid
23-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks.

FreeMind
29-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Sory for such a newbish question, but could someone tell me where to extract the prereq_4_5.zip file? ???

farcodev_
04-05-2009, 09:42 PM
All is here

Full package

Contains the source, demos, binaries and the prerequisites.

http://andorra.sourceforge.net/index.php?section=downloads

;)

Rex Zhou
30-10-2009, 01:28 AM
I like this lib.Put on stream.

gintasdx
24-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Hmm,makes me wonder is it free for commercial use and may I statically link the Andorra OpenGL plugin? ???

igel457
25-03-2010, 09:59 PM
To answer you question with a few words: Yes you may do both, as long as you publish the changes you've done to Andorra 2D itself.

gintasdx
26-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks buddy :) makemesmall (http://members.home.nl/mvanwesten/en_lazarus.html) nicely reduced the Lazarus compiled plugin to 62kb.