PDA

View Full Version : Important announcement

Traveler
17-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Dear members & visitors of PGD,

It's been a short while since we informed you about coming changes to PGD. The poll we set up has not seen large preference to any of the given forum software choices, so we kind of based our decision on opinions people gave.

In the past few weeks we have tested the latest SMF installation, together with tinyportal. So far our findings are very positive and we hope once we have switched, you will feel the same way. A really cool theme customized to fit PGD has been added, so you will hopefully feel right at home.

When is this switch going to take place? Well, the short answer is: tomorrow!

On Wednesday around 7:30pm GMT, PGD will go offline and we'll begin installing the new site. Hopefully, if everything is going as planned, PGD will be back on its feet about an hour later.

So, enjoy your last couple of hours in these old clothes for tomorrow PGD will celebrate a new beginning!

Best,

PGD Staff

Ixy
17-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Oh goodie! :D

Can't wait for the new layout.

chronozphere
17-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Great.. Can't wait. 8)

arthurprs
17-02-2009, 10:48 PM
8)

paul_nicholls
18-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Yay! Sounds great :-)
cheers,
Paul

WILL
18-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Yeah, this has really been a long time coming. I hope all goes well with the new site software. I look forward to the change myself. :)

Of course I may have to nag a little until all the previous content is converted and added to the new site, but all of that will take time of course.

...*takes one last look at his creation.* :salute:

efilnukefesin
18-02-2009, 05:44 AM
hurray :D
even though i dodn't dislike the 'old' site, but change is always good i'd say!

so i wish you good luck for this!

Traveler
18-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Regrettably, despite best efforts the installation did not go as smooth as I anticipated.
There were some unfortunate issues regarding server settings I am unable solve at this time. (I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open so that might have something to with it as well ;)
Anyway, I have postponed the installation and will continue again tomorrow. Until then, a (file) backup has been restored.

WILL
18-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Thats ok Alex. Take a 2nd day to get what needs to be sorted out.

BTW, nice job on the backup/restore shows that you did it and did it right. ;)

savage
19-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Regrettably, despite best efforts the installation did not go as smooth as I anticipated.
There were some unfortunate issues regarding server settings I am unable solve at this time. (I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open so that might have something to with it as well ;)
Anyway, I have postponed the installation and will continue again tomorrow. Until then, a (file) backup has been restored.

I had to leave rather suddenly, so sorry I couldn't help. I should be around tomorrow night.

paul_nicholls
19-02-2009, 05:10 AM

Don't lose any sleep over it, I'm sure you will get all the issues worked out :-)

cheers,
Paul

Traveler
19-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the support :)

Ñuño Martínez
19-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Oh men, oh men! I can't wait! :drool:

JSoftware
19-02-2009, 09:25 PM
What can I say? This looks pretty neat.

Good job ;D