PDA

View Full Version : Board was Down

marmin
15-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Just to notify that the board was down today , at least some hours. I forgot exactly what was displayed, but the site itself did load, forum and all the oher stuff was not accesable.

AthenaOfDelphi
15-04-2009, 05:07 PM
It was to do with the server running out of space in its tmp directory. Savage put a call in to the hosts and they got it sorted. MySQL basically didn't have any working space so big the big queries were failing.

If it occurs again, the error code is 28, just drop us a private message (as Will and Wizard did) and we can set about getting it sorted.

AthenaOfDelphi
17-04-2009, 01:28 PM
As some of you may have noticed, the site was down again this morning. As this is the 3rd day in a row this problem has occured, Savage, Traveler and I are working with the hosting company to try and establish the cause and a solution.

Their preliminary investigations suggest that we are not responsible for the problem, which is good news, but it doesn't help us in the short term.

If you notice the site is down, please do not use the private messaging system as it could be this fault combined with the attempted use of the site will result in data corruption. So, if the site is down, please drop me a mail to athena at outer hyphen reaches dot com and I'll get on it as soon as I receive the mail.

Thanks, and apologies for the inconvenience caused.