PDA

View Full Version : Brint to Front Problem

cairnswm
30-06-2003, 06:09 AM
I am busy writing a custom filing system application for myself. Its an attempt to make my internet browsing a little more structured so that I can find interesting sites I've been to more easily.

For this I have created an Ison Tray Application that stores the information. Its got an explorer like feel with various categories and then the links and files that are related. I have added an Automation object to the application to allow other programs to create new links etc. When the interface is called, a dialog pops up that allows the user to fill in the relevant document details.

My problem is that the pop up dialog is not the top window - so you only see it when you tab to the icon tray application. How do I make the pop up dialog be the top window?

doggo18
30-06-2003, 09:02 AM
I assume you are using a more recent OS, like W2000 or WXP. When playing around with TweakUI of WXP, I saw an option somewhere.

Prevent other applications from stealing the focus.

And it is -ON- by default. Perhaps you should try to turn it off. As it is, your application is probably flashing in the taskbar...

Good luck :)

cairnswm
30-06-2003, 11:36 AM
I first saw the error on Win ME but the same problem is on Win 2000. My application is hidden from the task bar so it doesn't flash :(

doggo18
30-06-2003, 12:43 PM
Perhaps you can fool windows (hey, its microsoft :D:D) by sending a WM_ACTIVATE or whatever message is used to activate your form?