PDA

View Full Version : Animation motion capture (.bip) for 3dsmax in glscene

bazbazus
28-12-2009, 06:09 PM
hi all ,
I have buy a model for 3dsmax (.3ds) and a motion capture (.bip) for animation :(.
How can i load them in glscene :(?

I can load the model :
Actor.loadfromfile('file.3ds');

But i can not load animation (.bip or .bvh) :
Actor.animation.loadfromfile('animation.bip');

thank you

Brainer
28-12-2009, 06:41 PM
You should have received a .MAX file together, which contains the model. I'd suggest exporting it to SMD, as it's a format supported both by 3DSMax and GLScene fairly well. There's an exporter for 3dsmax for free, but I'm not sure where you can find it, tho'. :(

If you don't have the .MAX file, try exporting the .BIP file to SMD using the same exporter I suggested above.

You can also try exporting the model to MD3 format. :) I've heard of an exporter for 3dsmax. And of course, the format's supported by GLScene really well. :)

noeska
28-12-2009, 08:52 PM
What is the bip format? Is there some info on that format?
For using bone animation with skinning you need info on what vertices a bone is connected to. That info is not availeable in the 3ds format as far as i know.

bazbazus
29-12-2009, 02:57 AM
then the code should be :
Actor.loadfromfile('file.md3');
Actor.animation.loadfromfile('animation.smd');
???????

Brainer
29-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Nah. :)

Those format can't be used with each other - they are as different as chalk and cheese! I'll explain why.

MD3 originated in the Quake3 engine and is a format to store models of players and other non-static objects in the game. Animations are vertex-based (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per-vertex_animation) and are stored within the very same file the model is.

SMD, on the contrary, is a model used by the Source engine (even nowadays). It's more common in it's compiled form - an MDL file. This format uses skeletal animation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeletal_animation) and every animation is stored in a separate file, outside the model file. Usually they're packed together in a .MDL file.

That is why you must decide what type of animation you want to use with your game. I'd suggest using the MD3 format, as it's easier for beginners.

bazbazus
29-12-2009, 03:16 PM
-est ce que je creer l'animation dans 3dsmax et comment l'exporter ?.
-Vraiment j'ai pas compris , ya pas un tutoriel qui montre ce problem . >:( >:( >:( >:(

Brainer
29-12-2009, 03:20 PM
English please? :)

bazbazus
29-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Now I change the software I work with blender and I made a cube with a little animation position then I download a scrip MD3EXPORT.
I export my cube md3.
How to display animation on GLScene?
you had not an example that shows her please.

Brainer
29-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I never worked with Blender, that's why I don't know if the export script works perfectly. :-/ But there's a demo on loading the MD3 files with animation inside this package: http://sourceforge.net/projects/glscene/files/GLScene%20Demos/AdvDemos/GLScene_AdvDemos_231203.zip/download

bazbazus
29-12-2009, 05:28 PM
you are the best Brainer thank you for this exemple. ;) ;)

Brainer
29-12-2009, 05:56 PM
No problem, man. :) I used to intensely use GLScene, so I know a little about it. :) If there's anything you have problems with, feel free to hit me directly. ;) You can use MSN, too.

bazbazus
29-12-2009, 06:39 PM
hi Brainer
now i now how load model and animtion but i don't known how i creat a animation for model md3

Brainer
29-12-2009, 07:15 PM
What do you mean? You can't create the animation in Blender?

bazbazus
29-12-2009, 11:00 PM
no how i do a animation name ' run , stand , kick .... '. What software do that?

Brainer
30-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Sorry, I have no idea. I've never fiddled with models. :(