PDA

View Full Version : Alexland translation

Super Vegeta
11-06-2010, 07:44 AM
So, I've been working on a new version of Alexland (topic 'ere: click (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/forum/index.php?topic=6099.0)) for some time now and I thought it would be nice to make use of the game's langsys and ask here if anyone would like to translate it.

http://svgames.pl/trash/alex-trans.zip
Link to the translation pack. Now, for you daredevils, a few tips:

The files are written using UTF-8. Any language is welcome (except Polish, which is my native language).

In en.txt, replace the first line with "[language] translation by [your nick]", or something like this. (I mean, translate it too.)

Generally, you don't have to translate everything literally - if you can translate it literally, but it'll sound stupid, or you can go for a free translation - choose the "free" option.

In en.txt, don't exceed 50... 54 characters per line.

In en.txt, "Regeneration" to "Flash" are bonus names, and then there are weapon names - as I said, if you can't think of a literal translation, you can give your imagination a chance here. ;)

As for en-achie.txt: this file contains descriptions for achievements, which can be seen in achievements.png. There are 5 lines of text for every achievement; the first 5 lines are, uh, welcome text? when entering the achievements screen.

Achievement description goes like this: achievement name (printed in bigger font), three lines of description (please leave a space in empty lines), while the last line describes how can you gain this achievement. Achievement name can be 25 characters max; description - 41 characters per line max.

Achievement descriptions are laid-back and often contain some references to music, films et cetera. Here the "no need to be literal" thing applies the most, so as I said - feel free to use your imagination. Still, if you are writing completely new text, try to somehow refer to the achievement's image.

If you feel like it, you can also include your country's flag as a 50x30 pix .png - this will save me some work.

I'm planning to release v.1.2 on either 19.06 or 20.06, so, as You can guess, the deadline would be something like 18.06 midnight.

Oh, and yes, my English isn't all that perfect, so there can be some grammar mistakes or wrong words; if you have any doubts what does a certain sentence mean, or you spot a mistake - please post here.

code_glitch
11-06-2010, 09:31 PM
hmm, dont know how much I help I can be, since my grammar and spelling is awful, but would you be interested in a french version?

Super Vegeta
12-06-2010, 06:27 AM
As I said, any language is welcome. If you want to try, go for it. I'll be happy to include your work into the game.

code_glitch
12-06-2010, 11:46 AM
er, is this just me or is it when I click on the the link I get a 404 not found error?

Super Vegeta
12-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Works fine for me. ;_;

code_glitch
12-06-2010, 03:32 PM
translation all done:

french translation:

code_glitch
INITIALIZATION REUSI
Nouveau Jeux
Options
Quitter
Resolution
Mode Graphique
En Fenetre
Plein Ecran
Volume Sons
Volume Musique
Identite Jouer
Vitesse de Dessin
Touches
Fleches
Audio
Activer
Desactiver
Transparence de l'interface
Aucun
Fleche
Rectangle
Appliquer
Annuler
Fin de Jeux
Hé, oui, c'est le destin du soldat à mourir.
Peut-être plus de chance la prochaine fois.
Pourtant, vous méritez un petit monument commémoratif.
Indiquer votre nom
Des scores élevés
Nom
Score
Temps
Date
Retourner aux jeux
Menu Principale
Quitter
Credits
Contexte chroma
Choisisez le niveau de difficulté
Quelle partie est la gâchette?
Jour comme tous les autres
Vous avez un problème avec moi?
Arme
Realisations
Scores Locaux
Scores Net
Veuillez Patientez
Initalizion SDL_net...
Connection en cours...
Enregistrement du score...
Telechargement de scores...
Initialisation SDL_net échoué.
Connection échoué.
Tache échoué.
Tache Invalide.
Votre version du jeu n'est pas à jour.
Characters
Selection de personnage.
Regeneration
Super Rapide
Invulnerable
Tire Rapide
Munitions sans fin
Super Dommages
Bouclier
Paralyzation
Vie
Bombe Nuclear
Flash
Colt M1911
Thomspon
Uzi
Fusil de chasse
Désintégrateur
Lance-roquettes
Grille-pain
Double-canon
Bâtard
Fryer
lanceur Shrapnel

hope this helps, i know there are a few mistakes. but whatever helps you...

cheers,
code_glitch

Super Vegeta
13-06-2010, 06:46 AM
In en.txt, replace the first line with "[language] translation by [your nick]", or something like this.
Other than this - thank you. If you want to, you can also try to translate en-achie.txt, but, well, that's a lot more text to do. :d

code_glitch
13-06-2010, 10:39 AM
for the nick thing, do you mean insert code_glitch on line 1 or [your nick]?

also, I think achievements are best left in english personally because that way, its a bit more original and keeps its context... although the descriptions could change no problem. Even if you dont want to keep them the same, i know how you feel since it is your game and you may feel it is incomplete with some parts in english.

cheers,
code_glitch

Super Vegeta
13-06-2010, 11:09 AM
I mean insert "code_glitch" - this is my way of giving the translator a credit, the "translation by someone" text is displayed in the game's main menu.

As for the achievements, well, I think it is impossible to translate everything literally - as a popular Polish phrase goes, "Tłumaczenia się jak kobiety - wierne nie są piękne, piękne nie są wierne" ("translations are like women - true aren't beatufil, beatiful aren't true"). ;) Thus, it's better to have a full translation, rather than keep parts in English. Note that my native language is not English, so even the eng text is a translation, and is somehow different from the original. =)

code_glitch
13-06-2010, 11:44 AM
all done with the edit

DarkBow
15-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi,

here you have the translation to Spanish of the en.txt file. If I have some spare time I will try to translate the en-achie.txt file.

Best regards,

Spanish translation by darkbow
INICIALIZACI?ìN COMPLETADA
Nuevo juego
Opciones
Salir
Resoluci??n
Modo gr?°fico
Modo ventana
Modo pantalla completa
Volumen sonido
Volumen m??sica
Identificador jugador
Velocidad refresco
Teclas
Flechas
Audio
Habilitar
Deshabilitar
Transparencia de interfaz
Ninguno
Flecha
Rect?°ngulo
Aplicar
Cancelar
Fin de partida
Hey, ay, way, morir es el destino de un soldado.
Mejor suerte la pr??xima vez.
En cualquier caso, mereces un peque?±o memorial.
Introduce tu nombre.
Puntuaciones m?°ximas
Nombre
Puntuaci??n
Tiempo
Fecha
Volver al juego
Men?? principal
Salir
Cr?©ditos
Background chroma
Escoger nivel de dificultad
¬øQu?© parte es el gatillo?
Un d??a como otro cualquiera
¬øTienes alg??n problema conmigo?
Arma
Logros
Puntuaciones locales
Puntuaciones en red
Por favor espere
Inicializando SDL_net...
Conectando...
Enviando sus puntuaciones...
Descargando puntuaciones...
Fallo en inicializaci??n de SDL_net.
Fallo de conexi??n.
Petici??n fallida.
Petici??n inv?°lida.
No tiene la ??ltima versi??n del juego.
Personajes
Selecci??n de personaje
Regeneraci??n
Velocidad
Invulnerabilidad
Disparo r?°pido
Munici??n ilimitada
Da?±o incrementado
Escudo
Par?°lisis
Salud
Nuke
Flash
Colt M1911
Thompson
Uzi
Escopeta
Desintegrador
Lanzacohetes
Tostadora
Doble ca?±??n
Bastardo
Freidora
Lanzametralla

Super Vegeta
16-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Why thank you! Having a full translation, complete with achievements, would be awesome.

Still hoping for more, though. ;)