PDA

View Full Version : Launching application invalid

chronozphere
12-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to compile my engine on linux. Building goes without any problems, but when I try to run it, i get:

The launching application ""/mnt/dev/n3d/workingdir/demos/mesh_test_fpc/meshtestproj""
does not exist or is not executable.

See Run > Run Parameters > Local

I don't really understand the double quotes around the filename.
My Run parameters seem ok:

Hosting application = ""
CommandLine parameters = ""
Use Launching application = not checked
Launching application = "/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -T 'Lazarus Run Output' -e $(LazarusDir)/tools/runwait.sh $(TargetCmdLine)"
use display = not checked
Display = ":0"
Working Directory = ""

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm totally lost here. :(

Thanks

code_glitch
12-06-2010, 03:42 PM
hm, now id be the first to admit im not the first to know much about linux, but I did encounter this problem once on an xp machine so i cant be sure its the same, but when i did get the problem, i found that a recompile with the most basic parameters, no optimization and extra error checking, also try any dlls (or linux equivalent) which could be causing an error...

although i dont think this is much help, but you never know. check your spellings, because mesh is a common mistake to mesh an h or an s...

AthenaOfDelphi
13-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to compile my engine on linux. Building goes without any problems, but when I try to run it, i get:

The launching application ""/mnt/dev/n3d/workingdir/demos/mesh_test_fpc/meshtestproj""
does not exist or is not executable.

See Run > Run Parameters > Local

This could just be a file permissions issue. Certainly when ever I've compiled stuff on linux (admittedly, not with Lazarus), it hasn't been executable immediately. I've always had to give it the X permission with something like:-

chmod ugo=rwx myfile

This gives myfile read, write and execute permissions for the owning user, the owning group and the public.

I'm not going to try and explain all the options of chmod, instead, check out this page (http://www.computerhope.com/unix/uchmod.htm).

chronozphere
13-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the hints code_glitch and Anthena. I'm going to try them ASAP. :)

chronozphere
02-07-2010, 08:16 AM
I gave it another go and it seems like I cant get any of my projects working in lazarus under linux. :'( I'm running ubuntu 9.10 here.

They all give the "invalid launching application" error when I try to run them.

I've stored all my projects on an ntfs partition that is used by windows aswell. I'm auto-mounting the drive at startup. This is the line in /etc/fstab:

/dev/sdb2 /mnt/dev ntfs-3g auto,exec,rw,user 0 0

My drive is called "dev" (development) and it's mounted at /mnt/dev. I think something is wrong in this line.

Can anyone help me?

jdarling
02-07-2010, 12:49 PM
How are you calling your app when you launch it?

Should be ./<yourappname> <options>

- Jeremy

chronozphere
04-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I've figured it out. :D

The problem was indeed related to permissions. I'm using an ntfs partition for my development activities. I couldn't run executables stored on that drive.

So I've changed the fstab entry from:

/dev/sdb2 /mnt/dev ntfs-3g auto,exec,rw,user 0 0

to:

/dev/sdb2 /mnt/dev ntfs auto,uid=1000,fmask=0077,dmask=0077 0 0

It seemed that the "user" option prevented me from running my files.