PDA

View Full Version : Load Image at runtime

Timk
18-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I have this component that pumps out 29 bitmaps a second and I am considering using Asphyre for displaying them.

So what I need to know is if I can draw a Bitmap using Asphyre or load the bitmap into one of Asphyre's TAsphyreImages or something so I can then display them.

Note: I do not know what the images are ahead of time. They are produced at run-time by the users selecting a video to play.

Thanks for any help you provide.

code_glitch
18-02-2011, 10:33 PM
So wait a sec - what format are your bitmaps in? sdl_surface, gl texture... It would help a bit - and can you not simply send that bitmap straight to the screen instead of some variable?

Timk
21-02-2011, 01:15 PM
They are regular Delphi 32bit Bitmaps. I would like to put them into whatever I have to to have Asphyre draw them on the screen. My goal it to use Asphyre since it can draw very fast.

For a bit more info: I am working on a live video presentation project that will play videos (Stretched to the screen size), Transition between two videos, and overlay text on top of the video (Via a bitmap that has the text drawn on with transparency).