PDA

View Full Version : EasyZenGL

circular
05-04-2011, 05:02 PM
I've made a set of classes to facilitate the use of ZenGL. It's called EasyZenGL. It proposes a TGame class to derive. Here you can download the library with Andru's example 1 to 5 translated into EasyZenGL, and a game demo, using Chipmunk physics integrated into TSprite class.

http://consume.o2switch.net/EasyZenGL.zip

Note : projects are in Lazarus format.

WILL
05-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Well that's neat, ZenGL is getting it's own derivatives already. :)

What portions of ZenGL have you found to be harder to work with? Or is it more about combining the technologies that you want to work with ZenGL together?

code_glitch
06-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Nice stuff. ZenGL sure has gone a very long way now and looks like one of those giant success projects with a large following...

Stoney
06-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Very nice. If I wouldn't have my own engine I would most likely use this.
This is a great addition as it fixes my main personal issue of ZenGL at not being object-oriented.

Reiter
12-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Great work. I will try it.

To work properly I had to overload both TSprite.Create constructors in EasyZenGL.pas. Also, why the mode is switched to {$mode objfpc} in the beginning of the same file when this will cause errors? When changing to {$mode delphi} everything works fine.

The lib only compiles if msvcrt.a is included. To my knowledge no platform independence is achieved this way, do you plan to circumvent it?

Andru
13-09-2011, 05:09 AM
The lib only compiles if msvcrt.a is included. To my knowledge no platform independence is achieved this way, do you plan to circumvent it?
ZenGL need it only in Windows.

Reiter
13-09-2011, 10:31 AM
ZenGL need it only in Windows.

That's good to know :).

circular
02-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Sorry for the late answer.

Well that's neat, ZenGL is getting it's own derivatives already. :)

What portions of ZenGL have you found to be harder to work with? Or is it more about combining the technologies that you want to work with ZenGL together?
It's just that I find it difficult to know what unit to add and what function to use, so embedding it in classes make it more intuitive.

Very nice. If I wouldn't have my own engine I would most likely use this.
This is a great addition as it fixes my main personal issue of ZenGL at not being object-oriented.
Thanks.

To work properly I had to overload both TSprite.Create constructors in EasyZenGL.pas. Also, why the mode is switched to {$mode objfpc} in the beginning of the same file when this will cause errors? When changing to {$mode delphi} everything works fine.

I'm not very good at this issues. Feel free to improve this code and post your modified version.

code_glitch
03-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Offtopic:

Cleaned up your thread there Andru - surprised you can actually see the spam though, I hope vBulletin is not broken - as ormally anyone below mod/super mod can see spam - let alone delete it. Quite a handful there, looks like I missed a bit from September. Sorry.