PDA

View Full Version : New Topic on the forum?

Maja
13-01-2004, 04:48 AM
Hi, could we get a new topic/forum for Delphi 8.net Managed DX9?

Thanks,
Maja

BlueCat
14-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Hi Maja

You could start a thread in 'General Programming' if ya like, but lets see what folks think of the new forum idea. I know some people think there's too many forums, others can't get enough of them :)

Opinions please :salute:

PS I've moved this to 'Site Feedback' as only the staff could see it

:cat:

WILL
14-01-2004, 02:51 PM
I personally like what we have for topics right now, of course allowing for additions, but not to get too crazy with it. :)

I don't know enough about 'Delphi8 for .NET Managed DirectX 9' to speak on weather it warrents a full topic, but if enough people will be discussing it and making use of the topic area(making threads, etc) then, for sure.

{MSX}
20-01-2004, 09:33 PM
i think that if we go on this way we can modify phpbb so that everyone can open a forum instead of a topic :P
That is, i think we need far less forums, it is not useful to have 4 or 5 threads per forum.

doggo18
21-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Oh I totally forgot to post here again :shock:

I totally agree, but the rest of the DGDev staff does not seem to agree with us. So unless more people share their opinion with us *hinthint* it won't be possible.

Oh by the way..

In the staff-forum I was made aware of the option to put "Display Subforums" to On. It doesn't do what we want.. but it does save us almost 1 click per topic ;)

Edit: Oi wrong topic. I mistook this one for another when I read {MSX}'s reply... Was ment for this topic: http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/viewtopic.php?t=1103 (but it fits this one fine too :p)

Useless Hacker
21-01-2004, 08:27 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have a general .NET forum, but I don't think we need a specific Managed DX9 forum.

Traveler
22-01-2004, 09:56 AM
In my opinion we already have too many forums. Given the few responses in this thread about a new .Net forum, I doubt many people are going to post questions. Or answers for that matter.

WILL
23-01-2004, 09:15 AM
It seems a bit of a re-organization might be brewing... Hmm... well a .NET forum might be a good idea... weither we have a DirectX sub topic under it is a different matter. This I leave up to BlueCat... he would know best.