PDA

View Full Version : SynEdit in Lazarus program not accepting cursor, or delete and backspace!!

paul_nicholls
14-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Hey all,
I have a very annoying problem with Lazarus and SynEdit in one of my programs...

I had a Delphi program that uses SynEdit, and I converted it over to a Lazarus program using the automatic conversion.

On the whole it went smoothly, apart from one issue:

When using my program at runtime, the SynEdit control doesn't accept any cursor key movements or delete/backspace, which is very very annoying!!

The only way I can 'delete' stuff in the editor is to hightlight it and re-type whatever I want to enter in...AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Any ideas?

Maybe it is a setting that got mangled or something when I converted over the program, or I need some events to be hooked up (different from Delphi version)?

cheers,
Paul

JSoftware
14-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Try to compare the options to a newly instantiate SynEdit. It might be that some of those have been reset

paul_nicholls
14-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Try to compare the options to a newly instantiate SynEdit. It might be that some of those have been reset

Thanks, I will try that :)

cheers,
Paul

paul_nicholls
14-06-2011, 11:26 AM
I just deleted my SynEdit controls off the form, recreated them, and it now works! Thanks for the suggestion mate :D

cheers,
Paul