The main features of this release are:
- Extensive Spine (2D skeletal animations) support, see https://sourceforge.net/p/castle-engine/wiki/Spine/
- Build tool, for easily compiling and packaging our programs on all platforms (including Android). See https://sourceforge.net/p/castle-eng.../Build%20tool/ .
- A lot of improvements for 2D games and for Android. See also new tutorial page about developing mobile / portable games using Castle Game Engine .
- New shiny 3D Text implementation (fast and portable to Android). Support for international text for font in UTF-8.
- Many new X3D extensions, like NavigationInfo.blendingSort.
Screenshot showing Spine and Android
Also be sure to install on your Android device a demo of Castle Game Engine + Spine!
Dragon Spine on Google Play
It's completely free of course, and the source code is one of the examples in Castle Game Engine sources. "Dragon Spine" is also available for Windows or Linux. You can also watch the video!.
Check out also some recent games using Castle Game Engine:
- Venice - new 2D adventure game with superb graphics and storyline, in the making!
- Mountains Of Fire - split-screen cooperative survival game
- Frogger 3D (initial version done during 1-hour gamejam by Michalis