Be sure to also check out the slides and examples (data and code) from a tutorial about our engine given during the recent Web3d 2015 conference. They show (from the ground up) the creation of a simple 3D FPS game and 2D game.
Highlights from this release are:
- GPU texture memory profiler, improvements around texture GPU compression.
- New font rendering features: scale, outline, print in rectangle.
- TUIState to implement simple UI mode switching (with possible stack) in your games.
- New option android_project added in our build tool to support custom Java and manifest code in your Android project. This allows to integrate your Android game with Google Games (leaderboards, achievements, save games...), biling, ads, analytics and anything else you want
- Clean API to get/set X3D fields.
- Built-in handling of PNG format
- Logging improvements on Windows GUI applications.
And more... See the full release announcement !
Take a look also at some of the latest games using Castle Game Engine: