Thread: Delphi3d.net is back (sort of)

Delphi3d.net is back (sort of)

Hey all,

Remember Delphi3d.net? Up until a couple years ago that website used to be th?© place to learn about the latest in 3d. It featured quite a few articles explaining the basics as well as the more advanced openGL topics, not to mention the plethora of demos it contained. All written in Delphi! Unfortunately someone decided to pull the plug and with that we lost a great source.

Yesterday, I came upon a website that referenced to an article on Delphi3d and it struck me. Why not bring it back? There is this website called WaybackMachine. I've used it a few times before, but it's usually slow and often returns errors. Yesterday however, was a good day.

It took some time but I have been able to retrieve and clean up nearly all articles and demos, around 70MB of content. So here you go: the Delphi3D Archive, for your viewing pleasure, can be found right here : http://www.gameprogrammer.net/delphi3dArchive/

Enjoy!

(PS: would it be possible to make this an news item?)

Blog Entries
    Excellent work Alex!

So nice to see this site after it being so long since it went down. Too bad your magic couldn't do the same for the old turbo site too.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Nice! Awesomesauce Alex

cheers,
    Paul

Thanks guys!

I suppose the same could be done for Turbo, but I'm not really sure of it's value as an archive as it was mostly a news site and afaik didnt contain that many articles and demos.