Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isometric

Isometric

Can someone give me an example of isometric map. I've read many tutorial about it but they're only show how to display a isometric map, they don't show to to display sprites on it. I've tried to used TDXSpriteEngine on Borland Development Network's example but when i scroll the map, the sprite not disappear when i scroll out of its X,y

Isometric

I've been meaning to do a simple DelphiX isometric tutorial for a long time. I'll try do it tonight and load it under tutorials.

(Taking my son for Welpie-Rugby tonight so might not get to it)
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Blog Entries

Re: Isometric

Quote Originally Posted by huydevil
    Can someone give me an example of isometric map. I've read many tutorial about it but they're only show how to display a isometric map, they don't show to to display sprites on it. I've tried to used TDXSpriteEngine on Borland Development Network's example but when i scroll the map, the sprite not disappear when i scroll out of its X,y
    Hmm... maybe some source would help? It's not quite sprites but if you play with some of the values I'm sure you'll figure out aquack and easy solution.

Here is a ]URL[/url]
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Isometric

I'm not have time to figure it out, but all I need is a example shows how to display sprite on it, i'm working on a RPG but i'm stuck! Please, I need your help!
    Sorry about my english

Isometric

I think the sprite and the map should be seen seperately, You should however find out how to convert the pixel coordinates to the isometric-tile the sprite is on/touches, there is a library out there that has a large collection of Isometric function, including a pixel offset to iso-tile index converter!

I made a very simple isometric map editor a long time ago and I made the mistake of trying to treat the sprites as parts of the map, in the end this is unmanagable.
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Isometric

So at last please can someone give me a example?

Isometric

Sure, have a look at my website. There's a demo of isocanvas (origionally from Turbo website) which I've converted to DelphiX. That should get you started.

Placing sprites on it, like you described should be an easy task. (Or else, my tutorial about platform games, which also handles sprites on maps (though not isometric) will.)

Isometric

I've read your tutor but i don't know how to cover it to use with isometric!

Isometric

But what is it that you do not understand? It's like theLion said. The sprites and map should be handled seperatly. Take the isocanvas demo for the map, and the technique I used for the sprites from my tutorial and you're pretty much done.

Isometric

Okie, I'll try to do it. Thx a lot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast