Thread: Ludum Dare 21

Ludum Dare 21

It's that time of the year again where I create another thread about the upcoming Ludum Dare compo.

Ludum Dare 21 will be on August 19th to August 21th. Theme voting starts next week. If you are participating or planning on participating please respond to this thread. It would be great if there are at least as many participants for Ludum Dare as there were for the PGD mini compo.

I'm planning to participate because Ludum Dare or any other short compos are usually the only time I get something done without overthinking the concept or losing interest because of some road blocks I hit during development.
    Unfortunately I didn't finish the last three times I tried to participate and on August 19th I get back from gamescom and I imagine I would be pretty exhausted.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Blog Entries
    Just don't tire yourself out. It may be a bit soon to start another competition, but the Ludum Dare has produced a few good Pascal-made games, nevermind all the other great indie games. It's a good go if you like a much bigger audience for your small game prototypes.

The PGD Annual will be starter sometime near this November (best estimate) so there is some time to relax after the LD if you wanted to rest up or gather ideas for the next big PGD competition. So don't let the upcoming Annual stop you from taking part in another compo before then.

I am afraid that anyone that has just finished the PGD Challenge, might be pre-occupied ith fixing up their entries based off the recommendations we made post-scores release.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I'll be entering! I'll be using C++ though, not Pascal (yes, I'm on the Dark Side ). I feel more comfortable with C++ and the C++ version of my game library is more robust (but I do have plans to update the Pascal version to the same standard)

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    I am afraid that anyone that has just finished the PGD Challenge, might be pre-occupied ith fixing up their entries based off the recommendations we made post-scores release.
    I can't be bothered to work on my entry anymore, to be honest But I have added mouse control!
    Last edited by SuperMaximo93; 14-08-2011 at 05:06 PM.

I might give it a wirl
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries
    Guess what I just thought about like right now, checked LD and was like AAAAH and subsequently logged onto PGD to point out.... You probably guessed right and this time, Prometheus and me are back, not in black but we're still back somewhat and recent development leads to (fingers crossed) a bug free and stable library for use (unlike a certain fiasco) during Ludum Dare #20 XD
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Well good luck to all who do enter the LD #20. Please post back here if you did submit a game for it here.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder