I understand the fear of changing the name away from being Delphi centric, but the fact is that we need to broaden the scope of the site in order to reach a wider audience. Having Delphi in the name reduces our visibility and make it more developer specific.

The points I wanted to make were...
1. For Pascal ( or Delphi for that matter ) to be taken seriously as a viable game development tool, it needs to be more cross-platform.
Though Borland has gone some way with this ( Kylix ), I think that FreePascal has gone even further. They currently support Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, DOS, Win32, OS/2, BeOS, SunOS (Solaris), QNX, AmigaOS and announced last week that a beta version of the MacOS X compiler is available from ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/beta/macosx-powerpc-1.9.3.
I do not want to use C/C++ unless I am forced to, so having this flexibility means a lot to me.

2. To be honest, I am disappointed, thus far with Borland's commitment to native compilers ( like 64bit support like FPC ) and also to their cross-platform compiler, Kylix. Yes I understand that they have a small team, hence the reason for focussing on Delphi.NET, but I still have faith in the growth of Linux, as indicated by Mandrake's recent return to profitability and exit from bankruptcy. This was an opportunity for Borland to take the lead on a new platform, if only they could stick it out and have also brought out a MacOS X compiler. So my point being, I for one am not putting all my development energy into a Delphi specific code. I ensure that my code compiles on Delphi, Kylix and at least FPC, just in case Borland decides to stop supporting Delphi ( as they seem to have done with Kylix, for the time being ).

3. If Pascal Game Dev sounds too old fashioned, how about "Object Pascal Game Development" akd OPGD or an anagram like PDOG or GODP, as this is more accurate as to what most people will be using to create their games. And most of the non-Delphi compilers support a subset or more of the OP syntax and in some cases have more language features than Delphi. Actually another just dawned on me... OPGOD which could be Object Pascal Gathering of Developers .

4. Keep in mind that both the DelphiGamer.com url and the dgdev url would redirect to the new site for at least another year or so. This should give current Delphi developers plenty of time to realise that the new site caters for more than just Delphi Game Dev. The site would also be optimised so that if you type "Delphi Game or Pascal Game of Object Pascal" it should almost always hit our site. We need a way of pushing our site to the top of Google for starters and any other search engines as well.

So to wrap up, though I would be sorry to see DelphiGamer.com disappear, as it has been part of my life for so long now, I realise that to catch more fish, we need a bigger net. I really want the Object Pascal Game developing world, to be taken seriously, and a bigger/wider targetting site will hopefully bring this about.

Appologies for the length of the post ops: