Thread: Very basic platform game with a single level, not a question, comments welcome

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very basic platform game with a single level, not a question, comments welcome

Hello Everyone,

After a few days of playing with stuff, studying Traveler's awesome tutorial, and some other bouncing ball delphi tutorials... trying to make it even more simple, I think I did something good here (and feel proud of it... though not much of a thing I know ...)

Currently I've managed to create a little platform game skeleton with a single level, that
    has working collision, gravity and jumping. The special thing is, I'm handling gravity and jumping entirely inside the Hero Sprite's onMOVE procedure, the "camera" that is following the hero is handled here as well.

Right now it has a small "bug" that I don't like, if the player jumps and hits the wall with hero's upper part the falling down abnormal...

Plus : sometimes I get stuck in the wall..damn (rarely... have to somehow put the player right beside it correctly...)

I'm attaching the entire source code as well as the executable, please try it and comment.

Next thing I plan to do is, Ladders, those CLOUD things, where you can enter the object from any direction but it's upper part... and Pogo stick jump (already did this by mistake , planing to implement it correctly by pressing the space a bit longer), double jump maybe...

A bit of warning if you change the level.txt, make sure that the edge lines are kept there, otherwise the character will fall out to infinity , and nothing is there to prevent it from happening.

Also I will really use CONST's next time...

simple 9.zip

Controls : Left and Right arrow key, SPACE is used to jump

Greetings
    Rob
    Last edited by robert83; 25-08-2011 at 09:35 PM.