Thread: Trouble porting liquid simulation to Pascal - AARRGGHH!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @code_glitch: I can't get your liquid sim to run...at first it was missing a bunch of SDL dlls (image, ttf, etc.) so I downloaded those.

Unfortunately it crashes for me and I don't see anything apart from the crash

---------------------------
    Error
    An unhandled exception occurred at $0041154B :

EAccessViolation : Access violation

$0041154B IMAGE__LOAD, line 170 of Src/Prometheus/Video/Image.pas

$004117B4 TILESET__LOADFROMIMAGEFILE, line 19 of Src/Prometheus/Video/TileSets.pas

$00412D41 MAP__LOADFROMTMX, line 342 of Src/Prometheus/Video/Maps.pas

$00401AB3 main, line 74 of TestApp.dpr

OK
    cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Haha, of course, sorry. I'm still making retard mistakes and assumptions like 'everyone uses linux and requires no DLLs'... I repacked the whole things into one nice shiny new Win32 compatible package right here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4853895/Wate...Compatible.zip

Sorry for all the faff, especially since it was just a case of dropping in the full RTL (I don't what is/isnt required here) so if you notice any of those DLLs are unused and need the extra 900kb of HD space please feel free and remove em'.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Haha, of course, sorry. I'm still making retard mistakes and assumptions like 'everyone uses linux and requires no DLLs'... I repacked the whole things into one nice shiny new Win32 compatible package right here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4853895/Wate...Compatible.zip

Sorry for all the faff, especially since it was just a case of dropping in the full RTL (I don't what is/isnt required here) so if you notice any of those DLLs are unused and need the extra 900kb of HD space please feel free and remove em'.
    Thanks mate And no need to apologise at all...windows people usually don't know Linux very well, and Linux don't usually know Windows very well

I am a real noob when it comes to Linux programming! haha

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    HAL Voice: "I'm afraid I can't agree with you paul...."

In reality though, if you can program on windows, press ctrl+Alt+T and type sudo apt-get install you can use linux (yes, I know some people prefer yum and rpms but hey, thats just sudo yum install...). In fact, I found programming on linux more forgiving. EG: I forgot to close that file but I can re-open it a few times (bad coding practice I know) but sometimes you don't care what the file is doing - you're trying to fix a bug in some opengl matrix
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Fair enough Oh, sorry if my previous post seemed insulting! That was not what I intended

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Not at all, I didn't find it at all insulting actually. Rather, its encouraging to see a +1 for the 'interested in linux' or 'acknowledges linux group'. A lot of people say class linux as a hacking project by some shed geeks that isnt accessible to anyone and a rebellious non-conformist joke for the poor that can't afford 'real PCs'. And I kid you not - I have heard that opinion voiced more times than you would believe. So for me, your post was kinda refreshing since it puts Linux on par with windows as two means to the same end

I made a port, but the result makes no sense to me. This is using FPC, OpenGL and GLUT, so it should be quite portable. The text output is not supported. Here it is:

http://www.computer-graphics.se/water_sim_fpc.zip

It animates, but I don't find the animation very enlightening. It doesn't produce a pretty flow. I probably have some errors in the conversion (although I tried to stick as close to the original as possible).