View Poll Results: Are you interested in the Sushi Quest engine?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I would pay for a license

3 12.50%
  • Yes, but only if free

11 45.83%
  • Yes, other option (explain)

5 20.83%
  • Not interested

5 20.83%

Thread: My game engine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    I think there is one crucial thing that Relfos forgot to do in his initial post and thats post this video.

It gives a good preview of what game mechanics it boasts. This is what the game engine can do, not just display graphics and playback music. Anybody can make their own framework. I can see applications for platformer/puzzle gameplay using a Zelda-style perspective view. That said, what game engines give you this kind of functionality, built-in for free?

This trailer alone makes a strong case, for me to consider using it for a Garland's Quest game. Considering the kind of world and game play I want for my own game series. (in the planning stages, I have to release the first game before all that)

Again I'd ask... what are the list of features that would come with said engine? I'm more interested in game mechanics than mere graphics and sound specs. Though OpenGL, OpenAL and SDL would be nice. I know it'll work for iOS(fixes required) which means I could port to Windows and OS X easily in the future.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

That is a cool video. I am not a fan of these types of games but it certainly looks pretty good. Looks quite polished.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Actually WILL in terms of mechanics, the engine is not tied to a specific genre (as you can in the other video with the kart game).
    The engine basically offers a framework with everything that is required to build a game (graphics, input, audio, network and so on), so that programmers can concentrate on just writting the gameplay code.
    I will try to write a complete feature list later

Quote Originally Posted by Relfos View Post
    I will try to write a complete feature list later
    Please do this....