Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Force Feedback dll - Struggling a year now.

Force Feedback dll - Struggling a year now.

Hiya everyone.

I am creating a game with a software called Game Maker. This software allows the communication with dlls, so I decided to add some force feedback support to my games by creating a dll with delphi.

For over a year now I've been searching, force feedback tutorials, undelphix, delphix, headers here headers there and nothing. However recently, I found a dll though for another software but I was able to wrap it for my game. However being commercial it through a message on load and a 5sec delay everytime the force was inited so I decided to buy it. I did, my money reached share-it, but 15 days after no dll was delivered to me. My emails bounced and never reached the publisher so it seems my mail. So I was apparently screwed and stuck with the trial dll.

So, I seek for your help. I need either a helpful and working delphi example or a compiled dll to call using external.
    I also once encountered this thread, does anyone have the FF.exe (source and demo) Attapong mentions on this thread
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...e15b3a6427a0c9
    ? :roll:

It is a really old topic, but what the heck? Am I really that late?

Finally, I use Delphi 6 personal. DirectX 9.0c, WinXp Home and have a Thrustmaster force feedback gamepad.

i think delphix should work with force feedback...
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

I have tried but with no result.

Hi

I think the best way to do this is, to do it all yourself. I think you've already tried all other options.

Download Clooties DirectX headers and take a look at
    this page. (Sorry, i couldnt find the DX9 version).
    I think you'll also need some basic DirectInput tutorials to get started. These can be found here

When you know how DirectInput basicly works, you should be able to initialize a joystick device. Then you can use that MSDN page (first link) to figure out how to use force feedback.

I know the code is all C++, but the API calls are similar in delphi, when using Clooties headers.

I know... it's a bit harder and it takes more time, but i think that in the end, it'll work.

Good luck.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I know the code is all C++, but the API calls are similar in delphi, when using Clooties headers.
    Do you know where those headers are located?

The headers are located here!

Unfortunatly.. there are no downloadable forcefeedback examples.

The headers contain all necessary functions and data-structures you need, to work with DirectX9.
    Go to MSDN and gather all the info you need. :razz:

I haven't done anything related to force-feedback, but i'm planning to include it in my game-engine.
    When i've implemented it, i could send you a some code.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries

Just for clarification since I've never worked with it myself, is Forced Feedback exclusive to DirectInput?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Have you tried porting this demo - http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0298/force.aspx
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Just for clarification since I've never worked with it myself, is Forced Feedback exclusive to DirectInput?
    I know DirectInput has force-feedback support and good documentation.
    I think there must be some Mac OS/Linux API's which support ForceFeedback but i dont know any..
    good question

But directInput would suffice because gamemaker-games use DirectX, thus they are windows-only.

I haven't done anything related to force-feedback, but i'm planning to include it in my game-engine.
    When i've implemented it, i could send you a some code.
    Thanks.

Yes, since it is a DirectX feature.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast