Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
But I personally don't have any issues using FPC+Lazarus. It's an advanced cross platform solution that certainly doesn't feel like 'Notepad' when compared to commercial IDEs.
Mouse scrolling doesn't work in IDE and you can't change this behavior. The code editor is unpredictable when setting tab/spaces to 1. Refactoring limited to the unit and not entire project. These are some issues I'm having, among others.

I've written and/or debugged complex systems, 3D Engines, Virtual Machines, Emulators and compilers. It provides me with all the tools I want and more importantly it supports all the platforms and architechtures I want to use.
Really? The debugger never worked for me. On stock installation, empty new project it always crashes, both on Vista and Win7, on 32-bit and 64-bit. On every machine I've tried. In the latest builds, it allows you to step 1-3 lines before crashing again. It's hard to believe you could actually use it to debug some complex project.

As stated in a previous post, embarcado should drop their native compiler, use FPC and focus on their IDE and libs.
I agree. There is not much innovation going on with Delphi's compiler when compared to FreePascal, which supported 64-bit and Mac OS since long time ago. I would actually like to see Delphi's integration with FPC even on Windows platform.