Thread: Allegro.pas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oh my oh my! More than one year since the last release (5.2.alpha2).

But that's not the worst part, no it isn't. The worst part is that I did a ton of improvements. Mostly documentation but also:

• Low-level file access, quite useful to add new loaders and file formats to the library and essential to create fully integrated add-ons.
    • Shaders for both OpenGL and DirectX.
    • Configuration files. It does the same than TIniFile but Allegro uses its own ini file support internally so it may be the best way to integrate add-ons and to define default configuration to different subsystems.
    • A collection of new examples (including the one that shows how to fake 8bpp graphics mode!) and some bugfixes, as well as better Microsoft Windows integration.

If you're wondering why I didn't release 5.2.alpha3 yet the answer is simple: I forgot it. Last year I had a lot of personal and laboral issues that affected my memory. Really. I'll release it this evening or tomorrow. I'll not do it now because I'm busy (I really am ) and because I've found a flaw in the SVN tree I must fix too (There isn't 5.2.alpha in the RELEASE directory!).

[edit]
    Ok: I just uploaded the new 5.2.a3 release. Please enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by farcodev View Post
    Thanks for your sustained work!
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 06-07-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    No signature provided yet.