Thread: Allegro.pas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi all,

A long time since last message, I know. My job makes me bussy. Fortunately, it's related with games, and lately I was able to work, again, on Allegro.pas.

I decided to make a new release of the 4.4 branch. If you follow the SVN repository, you'll see there's a lot of movement in the last weeks. Don't know when it will be finished but next version will improve a lot the Allegro.pas project.

Also, I'm wondering if I'll create another demo game (two different demos), this time a simple 3D game. I know Allegro 4 doesn't have the best 3D stuff but I works quite good. May be a race game, or a simple DooM-like FPS with zombies.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 31-03-2015 at 06:38 PM.
    No signature provided yet.

Project is still alive.

I'm pushing Allegro.pas as I want to release a new package before the TINS 2016. I've moved to Allegro 5.2, and that mean to revise all my code. I've broken it because I don't like the "primitives" add-on API but I'm not sure what to do with it: Use enums or integer constants? In Pascal this is a major decision! Actually, the "primitives" add-on never worked in Pascal, and I'm not sure if it's my fault or Allegro's fault.

At the moment, I've revised and fixed about 25% of the library. A problem I have is that I didn't test it with Delphi, and I can't install it right now.

Exclamation Allegro.pas 5.2.alpha released!

Yep, about 3 years after 5.0.alpha, a new release of branch 5 (now TRUNK) was released today. It has a lot of improvements, and should be slightly more stable than previous alpha. But it is still an alpha. Anyway, if you want to test it, download from here.

I'll use it in the comming TINS 2016, and I plan to use my entry as demonstration game for the library.

Thanks.

I did a small point'n'click game (very small, one screen only). I should put order in some things and I'll talk about it here.

Cool Allegro.pas 5.2.alpha-2 released!

There are a lot of work to be done yet, but I did several big improvements so I've uploaded a new release.

In short: There are several bugfixing, including (but not limited to) the primitives add-on that didn't work in previous versions. There are new functionality too, as 3D transformations and custom memory management. Also I added new examples and updated some other that shows how to use basic and advanced stuff to supply the lack of documentation.

You can download it from here.

Any comment and suggestion will be welcome.

Allegro.pas 4.4.5-1 released

I've uploaded an small update to the 4.4 branch. It should fix unit alWin (I never use it so I'm not sure if it actually works ) and updates some documentation. Not more to tell at the moment.

For the downloads: https://sourceforge.net/projects/all...files/4.4.5-1/
    For the online documentation: http://allegro-pas.sourceforge.net/docs/4.4.5/