Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Allegro.pas

Project is still alive.

I'm pushing Allegro.pas as I want to release a new package before the TINS 2016. I've moved to Allegro 5.2, and that mean to revise all my code. I've broken it because I don't like the "primitives" add-on API but I'm not sure what to do with it: Use enums or integer constants? In Pascal this is a major decision! Actually, the "primitives" add-on never worked in Pascal, and I'm not sure if it's my fault or Allegro's fault.

At the moment, I've revised and fixed about 25% of the library. A problem I have is that I didn't test it with Delphi, and I can't install it right now.
    No signature provided yet.

Exclamation Allegro.pas 5.2.alpha released!

Yep, about 3 years after 5.0.alpha, a new release of branch 5 (now TRUNK) was released today. It has a lot of improvements, and should be slightly more stable than previous alpha. But it is still an alpha. Anyway, if you want to test it, download from here.

I'll use it in the comming TINS 2016, and I plan to use my entry as demonstration game for the library.

Thanks.

I did a small point'n'click game (very small, one screen only). I should put order in some things and I'll talk about it here.

Cool Allegro.pas 5.2.alpha-2 released!

There are a lot of work to be done yet, but I did several big improvements so I've uploaded a new release.

In short: There are several bugfixing, including (but not limited to) the primitives add-on that didn't work in previous versions. There are new functionality too, as 3D transformations and custom memory management. Also I added new examples and updated some other that shows how to use basic and advanced stuff to supply the lack of documentation.

You can download it from here.

Any comment and suggestion will be welcome.

Allegro.pas 4.4.5-1 released

I've uploaded an small update to the 4.4 branch. It should fix unit alWin (I never use it so I'm not sure if it actually works ) and updates some documentation. Not more to tell at the moment.

For the downloads: https://sourceforge.net/projects/all...files/4.4.5-1/
    For the online documentation: http://allegro-pas.sourceforge.net/docs/4.4.5/

Thanks for your sustained work!

Oh my oh my! More than one year since the last release (5.2.alpha2).

But that's not the worst part, no it isn't. The worst part is that I did a ton of improvements. Mostly documentation but also:

• Low-level file access, quite useful to add new loaders and file formats to the library and essential to create fully integrated add-ons.
    • Shaders for both OpenGL and DirectX.
    • Configuration files. It does the same than TIniFile but Allegro uses its own ini file support internally so it may be the best way to integrate add-ons and to define default configuration to different subsystems.
    • A collection of new examples (including the one that shows how to fake 8bpp graphics mode!) and some bugfixes, as well as better Microsoft Windows integration.

If you're wondering why I didn't release 5.2.alpha3 yet the answer is simple: I forgot it. Last year I had a lot of personal and laboral issues that affected my memory. Really. I'll release it this evening or tomorrow. I'll not do it now because I'm busy (I really am ) and because I've found a flaw in the SVN tree I must fix too (There isn't 5.2.alpha in the RELEASE directory!).

[edit]
    Ok: I just uploaded the new 5.2.a3 release. Please enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by farcodev View Post
    Thanks for your sustained work!
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 06-07-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Nice! This is the best time to puts hands over allegro

Some weeks ago I decided I should make Allegro.pas fully compatible with Delphi, so I was working on it. I had to download Delphi Tokio Starter Edition because Delphi 6 (the one I have) has some issues with compilation directives (i.e. {$IFEND} vs. {$ENDIF}). Right now I've worked only in one of the simplest examples, ex_bitmap that just loads and renders a bitmap in a window, and seems to work. Unfortunately I haven't more Delphi versions (except Delphi 6 that isn't compatible) so I don't know if it works in other ones.

Also I was thinking about a suggestion made by Akira13 in the MinGRo's thread so I've added a directory named "Lazarus" and created a project file for each example. It seems to work, so I'll try the same for Delphi too.

Once I accomplished Delphi compatibility and I integrate Handoko's game demo with the library (and may be port my demo from the 4 branch too) then I'll make a beta release.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 14-01-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast