Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nice IDEs for Linux and Windows?

and there should be a whole lot of alternatives for Windows.
    The only alternative which I can remember for FPC is FPCShell, but it dead as Dev-Pascal and without source code... Comfortable IDE's for different languages with debugger and with Pascal support is something unreal unfortunately. Oh, also there is an scary MSEIde

but I am a little bit tired of spending a lot of time writing tools that nobody else needs
    Pascal development world is so hardcore, yeah...

and there should be a whole lot of alternatives for Windows.
    I thought you were using a mac ?
    but I am a little bit tired of spending a lot of time writing tools that nobody else needs
    In the time it would take to write one you could figure out how to install Lazarus. problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Carver413 View Post
    I thought you were using a mac ?

In the time it would take to write one you could figure out how to install Lazarus. problem solved.
    I am using Macs, but I have cross-platform needs too.

I know that it takes time to write my own (I already have, for the Mac) but surely Lazarus wouldn't help me with my cross-language needs? (In contract to cross-platform.)

well I understand the cross language problem. I would have a very difficult time if I had to program in another language.and secretly I dream of a much different lazarus then what is offered today.but until then it is the best that is out there for working with fpc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123