Thread: Asphyre eXtreme lifesign :-)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Asphyre eXtreme lifesign :-)

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this community and still working with Delphi 7 and Asphyre 3.1.0 aka Asphyre eXtreme. I've been wondering if anyone else here is using a similar setup or recently switched to the new Asphyre Sphinx. I want to start looking into 3D programming and I think my Asphyre is heavy outdated. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by arc; 03-10-2011 at 04:11 PM.

The incoming release of Asphyre Sphinx 1.5 supports Delphi XE 2 on both Win64, Win32 and Mac OS. Perhaps it would be worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
    The incoming release of Asphyre Sphinx 1.5 supports Delphi XE 2 on both Win64, Win32 and Mac OS. Perhaps it would be worth checking out.
    Hi lifepower...
    Did Asphyre Sphinx support MacOsX in FreePascal..
    I like to cross platform my unreleash game...

Quote Originally Posted by azrael11 View Post
    Hi lifepower...
    Did Asphyre Sphinx support MacOsX in FreePascal..
    I like to cross platform my unreleash game...
    No, only few months back I've got a Mac to test and make it work on Mac OS. The release is ready, it was delayed to provide DX10/11 providers as well (and meanwhile I'm polishing the documentation).

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
    No, only few months back I've got a Mac to test and make it work on Mac OS. The release is ready, it was delayed to provide DX10/11 providers as well (and meanwhile I'm polishing the documentation).
    Sorry my friend my question sucks...
    I mean the 1.5 ver that about to releash...
    Sorry again...

Quote Originally Posted by azrael11 View Post
    Sorry my friend my question sucks...
    I mean the 1.5 ver that about to releash...
    Sorry again...
    There was nothing wrong with your question. The incoming release is compatible with FPC/Lazarus, I've tried to clean up as much messages/hints as possible. On Win32/64 and FPC/Lazarus you can use the "native" way.

On Mac OS X in Delphi XE 2 you use Asphyre FireMonkey Connect component, which can also be used on Windows (at the expense of initialization options, e.g. you can't specify the format of back-buffer). In FPC/Lazarus and Mac OS X you'll use similar approach with few manual steps.

Support for iOS is yet untested, but it will be similar to Mac OS X approach. On all platforms you'll be able to use AsphyreGUI, native Asphyre WYSIWYG framework. In a certain form, it is similar to how FireMonkey works; the difference is that FireMonkey's rendering is event-based (render once, wait for input), while AsphyreGUI works in real-time (render continuously) because it's gaming GUI.