Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
Also, on Mac in the majority of IDEs, Lazarus included, I found the 3-key shortcuts and all these weird-looking special buttons difficult to get used to.
I can assure you that it is even worse to use a PC when you are used to the Mac, with a totally illogical mix of F-number, ctrl-something, alt-and-then-something, etc. I have seen mixes of all three in one program. And surely there are multi-key shortcuts too? I just wish all the PC programs could do the fairly reasonable ctrl-something (except that the ctrl key is badly placed for the task).

I have worked a lot on the PC, with CodeWarrior in particular, and never got used to the mix. It really is three different systems in parallel. On the Mac, all programs use the command-something system (with extra modifiers when you run out of keys, can be very intuitive when done right, cmd-R for run, cmd-alt-R for run with debugger, for instance).

Thus, the solution won't attract any people from the Mac side. It looks like a pure port-to-Mac solution. But if you never get to like and understand the Mac systems, won't your ports be bad?