Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
Interesting, and it is a move in the right direction of Embarcadero. Still, I feel it is quite a compomise. Developing Mac programs on a PC, cross-compiling, that doesn't feel right, feels like a detour. The opposite was possible in the past, when Metrowerks made a PC compiler that ran on the Mac. I never touched it.
Actually, I'm on this with Czar. You make an application on your main PC with FireMonkey and even debug it. Then, you simply change platform in IDE and viola, it works and looks exactly the same on Mac! The difference in specs between my main PC and Mac is quite large, so I'm glad I can keep working on main PC and test stuff on the Mac remotely (it will be quite expensive to match the Mac with my PC, getting Core i7 and high-performance RAM). Also, on Mac in the majority of IDEs, Lazarus included, I found the 3-key shortcuts and all these weird-looking special buttons difficult to get used to.

By the way, those who develop for iOS using Delphi XE 2 should get Update 1, which improves performance by large margin (I'm surprised there's no news about it here on PGD).